Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Sierra 120 gr SPT Gameking
#1
Has anyone been using the Sierra GameKing for hunting loads? The Grendel manuals really don't have any info on them. I like them in my other calibers and wanted to see what they could do out of my 20" barrel. I have loaded a few but still working on powder type. I have run H335 and 8202.
Reply
#2
Sierra has load data for the 6.5 Grendel including the 120 grain pro hunter SP.


https://sierrabullets.files.wordpress.co...112817.pdf
Reply
#3
I am running the Sierra 120 Pro Hunter with Horandy case, CCI 450, 28.5 grs IMR 8208, COAL 2.250 and using a medium Lee Factory Crimp. This is a MAX load. It does 2550 fps from my 18" Oden Works barrel. It shoots well under MOA. I killed one deer with it last year. Shot was around 65 yards broad side high shoulder shot. Bang flop. Bullet did not exit but offside scapula was broken as well as the onside and between 2 and 3 inches of vertebra were smashed. I did not do any looking for the bullet or pieces because is was COLD and WINDY and getting late at night by the time I got home to do the dressing. I did a quick gutless meat removal. I have used this bullet in a 6.5x55 to shoot a good number of deer and it did just fine.
Reply
#4
Sierra Pro Hunter over Match Rifle in my CZ. Easily better than MOA. Kills deer like a thunderclap.~Riuma
Reply
#5
Worked great in my oldest daughters 260 running 25-2600 fps. Works great out of my youngest daughters 6.5 Grr running around 2525 . Will penetrate a deer at 100 yds diagonally front of shoulder entry , exit out the flank . AR Comp should work well for you , works well for me.
Reply
#6
Thanks for the info. What I loaded so far has lacked a little in MOA. I ran a few ladders with Benchmark and H335 from the Sierra info and Benchmark shown pressure issues. I just found some new brass and will run the 8202. I believe I saw some AR Comp last trip to local shop.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)