08-01-2020, 03:08 PM
Can someone recommend a temp controlled powder(s) for the Berger 130gr AR Hybrids? I am using 8208XBR for 130gr TGK.
|
Temp insensitive powder for Berger 130gr AR Hybrid
|
|
08-01-2020, 03:08 PM
Can someone recommend a temp controlled powder(s) for the Berger 130gr AR Hybrids? I am using 8208XBR for 130gr TGK.
08-01-2020, 04:00 PM
H4895
08-01-2020, 10:41 PM
I've had good luck with ARCOMP and 129SST, 129 Interlocks, &130RDF's.
08-01-2020, 11:43 PM
H4895
08-02-2020, 12:21 AM
As posted, I am using H4895 as well with the 130 hybrids. I don't know velocity, etc. If you don't have any, good luck finding some!!
08-02-2020, 01:25 AM
H4895 :nod
08-02-2020, 02:32 AM
Guess I need to try a little H4895 for my 129 ABLR's that are in transit...
08-07-2020, 12:01 PM
I had good luck with VARGET.
130gr Berger OTM Hybrid Hornady Case New Federal Gold Medal Match AR Primers COAL 2.244 VARGET 24.2gr was the sweet spot for my 24" Liberty / Satern button rifled barrel 3/4 MOA
08-07-2020, 01:55 PM
6.5 Grendel Wrote:Have you tried Leverevelotion? Lever seems to be somewhat available today.
Paul Peloquin
Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?
08-07-2020, 02:52 PM
Midway has H4895 in stock
08-07-2020, 06:25 PM
PVBoom Wrote:Midway has H4895 in stock If they notified you it was gone earlier today...
08-08-2020, 06:43 PM
I worked with the Berger 130 Hybrids quite a bit. Here is some data for you for H4895 and Varget.
All numbers generated from a Ruger American Predator, 22" barrel. Shot in April this year at 62F / Avg of 5 shots. No airborne Covid19 particulates noted) H4895 26.6gr = 2254fps / SD=6.1 (<1 MOA) 26.8gr = 2262fps / SD=6.8 (1 MOA) 27.0gr = 2275fps / SD=12.2 (+1 MOA) 27.2gr = 2330fps / SD=9.7 (<1 MOA) Spike! No pressure signs 27.4gr = 2344fps / SD=6.8 (1.5 MOA) Some Cratering Second Outing Doing 27.1 and 27.2 of H4895 (73F/Winds Calm) 27.1gr = 2295fps / SD=6.5 (0.5" MOA) case length=1.520" / OAL = 2.255" 27.2gr = 2320fps / SD=12.6 (+1 MOA) 27.3gr = 2340fps / SD=10.8 (1.2" @ 100 BUT...........0.70" @ 200 yds) Next is Varget Shot same as immediately above: 26.6gr = 2204fps / SD=13.9 (Most Accurate at 0.73"MOA) 26.8gr = 2218fps / SD=6.8 (3 inside a half inch and two AWOL's) 27.0gr = 2233fps / Sd=8.5 (Right at MOA) 27.2gr = 2267fps / SD=13.8 (little over MOA) 27.4gr = 2274fps / SD=9.3 (Vertical Stringing) And for S*#ts and Giggles: Shooters World tactical Rifle Powder: 27.4gr = 2347fps / SD=14.2 (Really Crappy) 27.6gr = 2368fps / SD=10.3 (better but over 1 MOA) 27.8gr = 2386fps / SD=9.7 (hair under MOA, 5th shot moved). 28.0gr = 2463fps / SD=9.1 (SPIKE!!!!! Crappy) Cratering and *stiff ejection *Not that kind of stiff inje............never mind! :o
08-09-2020, 01:40 AM
jbmarshtx Wrote:If they notified you it was gone earlier today...Yeah, sorry, a little bit on me, I ordered 9 (8 + 1) myself, sorry.
08-09-2020, 01:23 PM
Rosecrans1 Wrote:I worked with the Berger 130 Hybrids quite a bit. Here is some data for you for H4895 and Varget. @Rosecrans1 I think you re-posted your H4895 powder weights for your VARGET weights. They are the same numbers and about 2 grains over book max.
08-10-2020, 12:31 AM
Hi Happy2Shoot,
Hornady 10th edition lists Varget compressed at 27.5 with ELD 130gr and 129gr acubonds. So in my bolt rifle, I felt safe going to 27.4 though it started to string the groups. I was hoping for 2300fps. I wouldn't go to 27.4 in a gas gun. |
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|