07-07-2020, 04:18 PM
I just purchased a 21st Century expander mandrel Pete suggested using a dry neck lube and wondering if anyone made there own graphite type neckline.
Thanks
Briano
Thanks
Briano
|
Anyone make dry neck lube
|
|
07-07-2020, 04:18 PM
I just purchased a 21st Century expander mandrel Pete suggested using a dry neck lube and wondering if anyone made there own graphite type neckline.
Thanks Briano
07-07-2020, 06:53 PM
Redding makes an excellent dry neck lube for exactly that purpose. Imperial Dry Neck Lube.
07-07-2020, 08:04 PM
You could use graphite lock lubricant in a salt shaker with a lot of BB's mixed in.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]16414[/ATTACH]
07-07-2020, 08:35 PM
I bought microfyne powder from Amazon.
07-07-2020, 10:09 PM
How will you use the powder by it self or some type of media like #7 shot...
07-07-2020, 11:29 PM
In a shot media, for outside and inside neck. If inside neck only, a Qtip can apply it.
07-08-2020, 12:13 AM
I use the redding for new brass or with an expander. I'm not super ocd about cleaning brass after firing, so there is usually enough 'lube' in the neck once I resize/deprime.
07-08-2020, 06:07 AM
Forsters White Motor Mica (Powdered white graphite)
07-09-2020, 08:51 PM
I use powdered graphite in an old film container with #8 shot. The shot provides weight so that the container does not fall over and applies graphite to both the outside and inside of the neck.
If I agreed with you, then we'd both be wrong.
07-09-2020, 11:25 PM
Stub,
Do you use the graphite for all your loading or just for some types of dies? Bolt guns only or both? I use a roller pad and occasionally Imperial wax rubbed on the outside of the necks but I am paranoid if any gets inside there will be uneven friction on bullet release. I suppose if all cases were lubed on the inside evenly then uneven bullet-release friction wouldn't be an issue.
07-10-2020, 02:58 AM
Klem,
I use this one by Forster to lube the inside of case necks with Motor Mica before FL or Neck resizing. I only use it on bottle necked rifle cases. Mine's about 25 years old. https://www.forsterproducts.com/product/...graphiter/
07-10-2020, 08:22 AM
I also use the graphite and buckshot.
07-10-2020, 12:23 PM
Buckshot??
07-10-2020, 06:47 PM
Thanks all.
|
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|