Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Is cfe223 still the go to
#1
Been anyway from Grendel world for awhile
Last time I worked out cfe223 was the go to for good Velocity
Is this still the case or have things changed
Reply
#2
I think people are liking XBR8208 but its harder to find. I get good results with CFE223/95g Vmax and Benchmark/123sst
Reply
#3
Cfe has higher velocity then 8208 for me. I use 8208, cfe223, ar comp, and pp varmint
Reply
#4
AR Comp is a good powder for the 6.5 Grendel and I like H335, Accurate 2230/Xterminator for lighter bullets. Another powder which does well in different temperatures is H4895.
Reply
#5
I moved away from all temp unstable powders in my loads.

Useing ar-comp, h4895, h322 almost exclusively now.
Reply
#6
Another for AR Comp. Very temp stable and good accuracy.
Reply
#7
I've been using 8208 and 322 a lot more lately. I like the stability of extruded powders.
If I agreed with you, then we'd both be wrong.
Reply
#8
AR Comp and 123s
#shareyourspare
Reply
#9
“Go to”powder depends on the individual preference of your rifle and shooting environment.My Bartlein barrel loves 8208 .My criterion Hbar and RAP like H335. I’ve also tried ARComp and CFE223,as well as a few others.My advice would be to try a few different ones, and go with the one that works best for your rifle.
Reply
#10
Though I’ve burned a lot of CFE over time and 7 barrels, the two most versatile powders I’ve found for across the board accuracy and multi caliber suitability are AR Comp and XBR 8208. I load either in 223/5.56 with 69/75/77’s, 6.5GR with full weight range from 100-123, 6.5CM with lighter bullets and 308 with 155’s with very good results. Not always top velocity, but nearly always low SD and consistent accuracy. Leaning to AR Comp of late.
Reply
#11
Thanks for the replies looks like ill be investing in some 8208xbr and ar comp
Reply
#12
Leverevelotion has been outstanding both in accuracy and velocity with 100 to 123's.
"One Good Shot Is All I Need."
Reply
#13
I've ran ar comp, 10x and going to be loading some cfe223. 10x has been my favorite so far with 140gr and 123gr. Need to replace my phone to clock speeds for them though. Darn older Caldwell and new phones without audio jacks...
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)