Posts: 2
Threads: 1
Joined: Feb 2020
Hi there guys! I hope all is well your side! I'm form South Africa and bought my girfriend a Howa mini 6.5 Grendel. She thinks it is hers...... But I think I wil be doing more shooting with it than she wil.
Regards
Armand Steenkamp
Posts: 1,568
Threads: 8
Joined: Sep 2012
Welcome to the clan, AS, from the great nation of Texas! Your story is a common event across these threads. The Howa is a great rifle! What are your goals, other than impressing young ladies with your choice of toys?
Posts: 1,613
Threads: 24
Joined: Sep 2014
Sounds like that is a rifle for two!
. . . or, will the first rifle reproduce so you have twins?
That would bee twice the fun!
shootersnotes.com
"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
-- Author Unknown
"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle
Posts: 2
Threads: 1
Joined: Feb 2020
I love Howa rifles! This wil be my 4th Howa rifle. Plan with this one is to be my girfriends hunting rifle. Friend of mine biulds cans so it wil get a can to reduce sound and recoil even more. We have a local bullet manufacturer, Kriek Bullets that makes a lightweight 80gr monolithic expander that I want to use on lighter game at longer ranges. Kriek Bullets also make a 124gr expander that I whant to use for bigger game at closer ranges.
Well that is the plan... We are stil waiting for the licenses, that gives me enough time for more research on thes excellent forum!!!
Regards
Posts: 6,206
Threads: 50
Joined: Mar 2011
Welcome to the forum Armand Steenkamp!
Posts: 2,098
Threads: 42
Joined: Feb 2015
Welcome to the Horde!!
You might find as many of us have Grendels have a way of reproducing in their numbers start with one and soon it is two or more, they are addictive to those of us that like efficient and effective hunting rifles.
Posts: 16
Threads: 8
Joined: Jan 2020
02-12-2020, 01:15 AM
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2020, 01:19 AM by bbell.)
Hoe gaan dit! Ek het Afrikaans in kaapstad n namibia geleer!
The 6.5 Grendel should handle impala/springboek type game just fine. Possibly up to Blesbok. I have a Howa and its a nail driver
Posts: 1,397
Threads: 48
Joined: Jun 2019
Welcome from Florida’s Spacecoast
Posts: 6,193
Threads: 170
Joined: Mar 2015
Welcome to the horde sir. I passed through your country once.
Posts: 8,507
Threads: 241
Joined: Sep 2014
Welcome aboard!
Didn't know Howa had distribution out there.
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
Posts: 1,348
Threads: 98
Joined: Jun 2019
Welcome Armand to the vile horde.
The Boks play the All Blacks , 26 September, pivotal match.
I hunt in Limpopo every year with Isan Van Zil and Gespare Spanio. We are usually hunting in the mid winter, July or August.
I have always been fascinated with South African culture and politics.
Live Big,
Chuck
Posts: 127
Threads: 3
Joined: Feb 2018
Welcome from Texas! Would sure love it if you posted pics of the game you take with the Howa.
Posts: 1,568
Threads: 8
Joined: Sep 2012
My boss recently returned from his 12th venture to SA doing some "game management". His best story is about hyenas that were invading the camp. Some came to regret that.
Posts: 1,348
Threads: 98
Joined: Jun 2019
Can’t take a semi-auto into SA.