Posts: 6
Threads: 2
Joined: Jan 2020
Hello, I have a problem spending too much on firearms and hunting gear. I know absolutely no one that has a 6.5 Grendel.
Live in Finger Lakes region of upstate New York. Not the friendliest land toward modern sporting rifles.
Have one wife, 2 children, and small amounts spare time.
Been slowly getting into building modern sporting rifles over the last 3-4 years. Gathering large amount of tools and trying to retain a little bit of knowledge.
Thanks to all of those serving, civilian and military, at home and abroad! 🇺🇸
Posts: 1,787
Threads: 49
Joined: Feb 2016
Welcome. Looking forward to info on your build and pictures to go with it.
Posts: 1,397
Threads: 48
Joined: Jun 2019
Welcome from Florida’s Spacecoast
Posts: 6,193
Threads: 170
Joined: Mar 2015
Welcome to the horde sir.
Posts: 6,206
Threads: 50
Joined: Mar 2011
Welcome to the forum Dirty Steve! There are several members from the Empire State and just be forewarned 6.5 Grendels have a way of multiplying.
Posts: 1,348
Threads: 98
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 1,624
Threads: 58
Joined: Jan 2018
Welcome to the horde from the Republic of Texas!
Posts: 1,613
Threads: 24
Joined: Sep 2014
Welcome aboard!
The good news for AR-unfriendly areas is that the Grendel is available on bolt action rifles.
If one is curious about performance, think about the reputation earned by the .257 Roberts even before +P ammunition became available. Easy in the shoulder, easy to shoot precisely and a lot of fun to shoot.
shootersnotes.com
"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
-- Author Unknown
"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle
Posts: 893
Threads: 32
Joined: Jan 2015
Welcome. Here's an article I got today about what the Grendel is. The best hunting cartridge for the AR-15 platform.
https://gundigest.com/rifles/hunting-rif...C+And+More
Posts: 149
Threads: 14
Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 671
Threads: 75
Joined: Sep 2014
Drillboss Wrote:Welcome. Here's an article I got today about what the Grendel is. The best hunting cartridge for the AR-15 platform.
https://gundigest.com/rifles/hunting-rif...C+And+More
There ya go Dirty, that article scratches the surface on how good the AR/Grendel is.
Posts: 1,568
Threads: 8
Joined: Sep 2012
Welcome to the clan, DS, from the great nation of Texas! There are a lot of Grendelizers in NY. They're just keeping a low profile! As one friend said, he is an "unconvicted felon" because of his toy collection.
Posts: 45
Threads: 7
Joined: Dec 2019
I’m too new here myself to be welcoming folks, but thought I would chime in. I became fascinated by what I read about the 6.5 Grendel and finally tumbled for one last month. I have a couple of ARs but am not really that fond of them, so I bought a Howa Mini-action with 20” threaded heavy barrel. It is turning into a Great Adventure! I’m quickly becoming very fond of both rifle and cartridge. I consider it an anti-magnum. Low recoil (very!), medium velocity, excellent accuracy, and— even though I haven’t done this yet— punches way above its weight in the game field. I have a lot of rifles in my stable. But the Grendel may turn out to be what I was looking for all along.
Posts: 690
Threads: 70
Joined: Apr 2015
Welcome. Also from the People's Republic of New York.