A big HI from Idaho
#1
Hi folks, just getting started with my 6.5 Grendel build.
Really looking forward to giving this caliber a try using my existing AR lower.
For now I'm limited to 100 yd range, but hope to get out to the BLM for longer distances when the weather becomes a bit more tolerable.
Thanks!
Reply
#2
Greetings from the Lewis-Clark Valley!
Reply
#3
Welcome to the forum vanthof!
Reply
#4
Welcome from Georgia.
Reply
#5
Welcome to the horde sir.
Reply
#6
Welcome from Oregon
Reply
#7
Welcome from Florida’s Spacecoast
Reply
#8
Welcome to the clan, vt, from the great nation of Texas! Tell us about your goals and your grocery list.
Reply
#9
Hi!
I'm in the process of building my 6.5G on the AR-15 platform using an existing lower due to a limited budget, so, I'm giving the BCA 20" parkerized upper a chance. Should be here by the end of the year.
We'll see how it goes now that they've supposedly revamped their 6.5G barrels.
I've also picked up a Vortex 3-9x40 BDC scope with cantilever mount

I will reload for this, which hopefully will allow me to fine-tune the loads for the barrel.
This may be a hunting rifle, but most likely just a bench toy. Unfortunately the local range is limited to 100 yds, so I may have to wander out to the BLM for longer distance tests.
Reply
#10
Well, wonder yonder and holler back to tell us all about it. You might be really surprised at how well some of these budget barrels do if everything is assembled properly. Then, save money for the next lower and then the next upper and then the next....
Reply
#11
vanthof Wrote:Hi folks, just getting started with my 6.5 Grendel build.
Really looking forward to giving this caliber a try using my existing AR lower.
For now I'm limited to 100 yd range, but hope to get out to the BLM for longer distances when the weather becomes a bit more tolerable.
Thanks!

Welcome vanthof.
You are in a perfect position to help with a ongoing topic of interest!
http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...ir-website

Get your self some of that Federal 130 grain Berger Match Burner ammo a give us a range report! Smile
Reply
#12
just_john Wrote:Well, wonder yonder and holler back to tell us all about it. You might be really surprised at how well some of these budget barrels do if everything is assembled properly. Then, save money for the next lower and then the next upper and then the next....

This... There's always a next... Wink
Reply
#13
Hello from E. Wa. New myself but lots of info
Reply
#14
"Welcome vanthof.
You are in a perfect position to help with a ongoing topic of interest!
http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...-their-website

Get your self some of that Federal 130 grain Berger Match Burner ammo a give us a range report! "


Thanks. I've been watching that thread too.
I sure hope this upper delivers the 1 MOA promise. The hard part will be making sure I do my part.
For ammo, all I've been able to find locally near me is the Hornady 123gr ELD match. I haven't yet wandered over to Cabelas in Boise.
I'll have to check with the local BiMart to see if they can get it, cheap...
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)