Posts: 2
Threads: 1
Joined: Nov 2019
I stumbled upon this site while researching the 6.5 and liked the wealth of information here. My plans have changed multiple times as throughout the research. Originally the plan was to build an 18"-20" upper to capture a good deal of the potential velocity, but have since realized the places I hunt in East Texas do not offer any shots over 300 yards. Now I am on the trail of a quality 12.5" upper. This barrel length, I think, should still provide adequate velocity and energy out to 250 yards providing proper bullet/load selection. This project has definitely evolved since it first piqued interest, and may have another iteration, or two, before it comes to fruition, but I very much look forward to hearing your opinions on the matter.
Posts: 1,568
Threads: 8
Joined: Sep 2012
Welcome to the clan, B, from another native Texian! Remember, there is another solution. Don't have to build just one. Where in E. TX do you hunt? I shot my first deer between Palestine and Rusk and most of the rest of 'em near Groesbeck.
Posts: 2
Threads: 1
Joined: Nov 2019
Totally agree, I'm sure there will be multiples built!
I hunt along the Angilena river outside of Laneville, a little ENE of your first deer.
Posts: 3
Threads: 1
Joined: Jul 2019
Hi Boggyman, I purchased one of the 12.5” barrels from BluntforceTrama and have been very happy with my pistol build with it. It was a group buy on the site under monster barrels.
Posts: 6,193
Threads: 170
Joined: Mar 2015
Welcome to the horde sir.
Posts: 6,206
Threads: 50
Joined: Mar 2011
Welcome to the forum Boggyman!
Posts: 1,624
Threads: 58
Joined: Jan 2018
Welcome to the horde Boggyman