New Member from Arkansas
#1
I went into my LGS last weekend to do some trading and walked out with a muzzleloader and a Howa Mini in 6.5 Grendel.

The Howa was marked down to a really good price so I couldn?t pass it up. I?ve been curious about the cartridge for a while now. It is the model with the black stock and 22? barrel. So far, I have cleaned it, worked the bolt a bit, and installed the Talley two piece scope mounts. I have a nice Leupold 2-7x scope i will use. The plan is to use it as sort of a ranch rifle and a deer rifle when hunting in the woods. It will be about 1.5 lbs lighter than my 7mm-08 and a little shorter as well.

I have ammo ordered and will do the barrel break in procedure in the coming weeks. I?m looking forward to seeing how she shoots.

This looks to be a great forum where I can lean a lot. So, hello from Arkansas!
Reply
#2
Welcome to the forum and say good bye to the 7mm08Wink
Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...-Whitetail
Reply
#3
Welcome to the clan, SC, from the great nation of Texas! The Howa is a delightful rifle. Just make a comfortable spot in your safe for the '-08 as it won't see daylight for a very long time. The Grendel will do anything that the '08 will do and is a lot more fun to shoot.
Reply
#4
Welcome to the forum ScottCard!
Reply
#5
Welcome to the horde from the Republic of Texas
Reply
#6
Welcome to the horde sir.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)