Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Luth Palm handguard fit
#1
I have been building up another spare upper using a 20" AR Stoner SS barrel and a BCA side charging upper receiver. I found out that the Luth-AR Palm handguard will not clear the front of the billet BCA receiver. I did not want to admit defeat and throw the handguard under the bench so I had to grind the "wings" off the backside of the handguard. Everyone might be warned that Luth Palm handguards will not directly fit on billet receivers.

Mopar Doctor
Reply
#2
Happens more times than not when dealing with billet receivers.
Reply
#3
^^^^ Yep ^^^^

I had to do a little maching on my Aero Atlas hand guard to get it to fit on my young manufacturing side charging upper as well. IF i build another side charger I will make sure not to buy a tube with anti rotation tabs. pic of it below.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14550[/ATTACH]


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)