Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Question about changing out my bc barrel with the group buy 20 inch
#1
What is involved with changing out barrels. Can I use my original bolt? Is this something I will be able to do, without a lot of special tools. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
I have done some novice gunsmithing
Reply
#2
The tools you will need is a vise. Ransom rod or upper vise block, a torque wrench 1/2" drive with 30 -80 ft/lb range. And appropriate barrel nut wrench. The barrel nut wrench depends on the upper standard is called a crow's foot, many manufacturers have proprietary barrel nut and would have to get it from them.

It is pretty straight forward procedure. Google barrel installation and watch a couple videos on it.

As for bolt yes you can use the same bolt as long as the new barrel is the same type. Type 2 vs type 1.. look in the sticky threads on the history of the grendel, it explains the difference better then I can.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14056[/ATTACH]


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
Reply
#3
Make sure both barrels use the same size gas block and same length gas tube. Also same threads for muzzle break. Otherwise you might need to order a couple parts before you start.
Reply
#4
This will help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NjNEQr4lCM

There is a video on every step on Brownell's site.
Hope this helps
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)