Posts: 5
Threads: 4
Joined: Mar 2019
I am starting to compile a list of componets i need for my 6.5 pistol build. the 6.5 Grendel II is a new caliber for me so i will need to mags. who makes the best ones? i currently have ARs in 5.56 and 7.62x39. would i be able to use those mags? i dont really care if i can only load 27 in a 30 or anything like that i just want them to funtion.
Posts: 48
Threads: 2
Joined: Nov 2018
5.56 mags I am told will feed a few rounds of Grendel, but only the first few. I have not personally tried to feed Grendel in 5.56 mags.
That said:
I have ASC 25 round, D&H 10 round, and E Lander 17 round mags for Grendel. All 3 brands work as advertised, no issues so far.
LaRue had 17 round E Landers last week, not sure if they have any in stock now. ammoseek lists some ASCs at a couple of vendors.
Hope it helps.
Mark
Posts: 149
Threads: 15
Joined: Feb 2019
I use ASC in my 7.62x39 and my Grendel, but I haven't tried to interchange them. I bought bands to designate which was which to keep them from being mistaken by someone in a hurry. If I can remember to, I'll try the x39 mag in the Grendel next week and let you know what happens. I will say that their magazines have ran flawlessly so far out of each gun I've tried.
Posts: 6,193
Threads: 170
Joined: Mar 2015
For me Cpd mags have been great. Some have needed a feed lip to be tweaked a bit but nothing major. I use the 10 and 26 round cpd mags.
Joebobs is where I have been getting mine and they usually have them instock.
Posts: 65
Threads: 4
Joined: Feb 2019
Hello KD85,
I have ASC 10 rd Grendel mags and they work great, just ordered some 25 rd mags from ASC.
I have used PMAGS for the Grr, I only shot a few rounds but they did work.
Knowledge and understanding leads to Wisdom.
Posts: 53
Threads: 1
Joined: Apr 2018
I have some 17 round ELander and 10 round C products and both work just fine. I do like the ELander mags better because they just feel more solid due to the steel bodies.
Posts: 6,193
Threads: 170
Joined: Mar 2015
Chipj4 Wrote:I have some 17 round ELander and 10 round C products and both work just fine. I do like the ELander mags better because they just feel more solid due to the steel bodies.
I think that has more to do with the thickness of the steel. Both elander and cpd mags are steel. Just cpd uses a thinner steel and it gives you a bit more room for handloads.
Posts: 53
Threads: 1
Joined: Apr 2018
A5BLASTER Wrote:I think that has more to do with the thickness of the steel. Both elander and cpd mags are steel. Just cpd uses a thinner steel and it gives you a bit more room for handloads.
Thanks. I guess I just assumed they were aluminium do to their thinness. Shows what I know :-)
Posts: 63
Threads: 24
Joined: Jan 2019
When buying mags.who has the best deals with postage included?
Posts: 1
Threads: 0
Joined: Apr 2019
A5BLASTER Wrote:I think that has more to do with the thickness of the steel. Both elander and cpd mags are steel. Just cpd uses a thinner steel and it gives you a bit more room for handloads.
What COAL can you get out of the thinner mag body?
Posts: 6,193
Threads: 170
Joined: Mar 2015
RifleDisciple Wrote:What COAL can you get out of the thinner mag body?
All my cpd mags allow 2.285 to 2.300 or very close to that.
Posts: 52
Threads: 6
Joined: Apr 2019
The best deal I've found is at JSE Surplus. CPD 10-round mags for $12.50 and only $4 shipping when I bought my 2 mags. $29.00 out the door for 2 10-round mags.
Posts: 10
Threads: 1
Joined: Feb 2019
A5BLASTER Wrote:All my cpd mags allow 2.285 to 2.300 or very close to that.
That is extremely good info to know, thank you.
Posts: 16
Threads: 4
Joined: Apr 2019
Michael-95037 Wrote:The best deal I've found is at JSE Surplus. CPD 10-round mags for $12.50 and only $4 shipping when I bought my 2 mags. $29.00 out the door for 2 10-round mags.
AWESOME! thanks for posting this, just purchased 2 for myself for $29 out the door!! thanks again
Posts: 52
Threads: 6
Joined: Apr 2019