I don't see why the blind magazine couldn't be made to work. But I have the single shot follower in the bottom of the action on all My Savage builds, so I'm the wrong one to ask about magazines.
Blind mag could be an issue. The Savage 223 and 7.62x39 mags are blocked for the shorter rounds. If not blocked, they tend to nose dive while being chambered. They also use a different bolt head and bolt baffle. Both are easy to swap. See my thread about building Savage Grendel’s.
Now how fun would that be to have that big barrel pushing out a Grendel...hmmm....I am intrigued. Never give a retired guy with too much time on his hands an idea.....
I've got a Savage 12 and love the buildablity. I stayed with the Creedmoor but the Grendel would be a fun build. Change the bolt head and the mag well can be adapted. I went whole hog on mine with the chassis and all, strictly a bench gun but it's fun.
I took a 12FV 308 and made it a bench gun. ItÂ’s a hammer. 204 ruger or 223 would be a great trainer and heavy varmit but the Grendel would just be stupid fun
03-08-2019, 02:52 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2019, 02:55 PM by 65Whelen.)
Did you see the thread about Cabelas sale on a Model 12. That what I used. The stock is good for nothing but pull the barrel and sell it. I ended up with just the action for $200. http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...e-shipping
Check out the Savage Forum, everything you need for a build, tools, barrels, bolt parts, etc.