12-29-2018, 01:59 PM
Aero precision receiver and aero precision handguard and group buy 16" barrel....what torque am i looking for on barrel nut (also aero precision)
Thanks Guys
Thanks Guys
|
Barrel handguard torque
|
|
12-29-2018, 01:59 PM
Aero precision receiver and aero precision handguard and group buy 16" barrel....what torque am i looking for on barrel nut (also aero precision)
Thanks Guys
12-29-2018, 02:21 PM
If the barrel nut is a non indexing type, I like 60 inch pounds.
If it's a barrel nut type that the gas tube goes throw it I try to get as close to 60 inch pounds without going over and still have the gas tube free float throw the barrel nut. I like to lap my receiver as well. Hope this helps sir.
12-29-2018, 05:51 PM
A5BLASTER Wrote:If the barrel nut is a non indexing type, I like 60 inch pounds. I believe that is foot-pounds and not inch-pounds. ![]() I grease the inside of the nut a little, especially the contact between barrel extension flange and nut. I then torque to 40 ft-lbs and see if the holes lines up then go a little more until they do. The grease makes it easy.
12-29-2018, 06:40 PM
bj139 Wrote:I believe that is foot-pounds and not inch-pounds. Yes foot pounds, don't know why I put inch pounds.
12-30-2018, 12:21 AM
thanks for input!
12-30-2018, 12:48 AM
Aero precision m4e1 upper barrel nut torque recommended is 50 ft lbs handguard screws 25 inch lbs. Per manufacturer specs.
|
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|