Posts: 22
Threads: 7
Joined: Jan 2017
Im looking to buy a BCG from Aero Precision for my 6.5Grendel build. Any body have first had experience with the AP BCG?
Thanks guys for the help. -Geo
Live free or die trying!
Posts: 1,624
Threads: 58
Joined: Jan 2018
I put Toolcraft in mine and I don't have proof but Toolcraft makes their BCG's. Save yourself a few bucks and find who's got Toolcraft on sale. I have NiB and Nitride I prefer the Nitride. Pick up an extra bolt from the group buy.
Posts: 70
Threads: 24
Joined: Jul 2017
Toolcraft makes the Bolt Carriers but not the Bolts which are added by the distributor or re-seller.
I like the Toolcraft bolt carriers (use them in several AR15s) and buy separate quality bolts.
Posts: 25
Threads: 11
Joined: Aug 2018
I have an Aero Precision BCG in my 6.5 Grendel pistol. No issues ever. I've done 8 builds and have AP in 6 of them. You can't go wrong with AP. Good luck with your build.
Posts: 316
Threads: 24
Joined: Jan 2017
12-21-2018, 09:09 PM
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2018, 09:13 PM by AZHTfreak.)
DOJ+FBI+IRS+AFT=NKVD. Joe Stalin and Lavrentiy Pavlovich Beria are tap dancing in hell right now...
Posts: 316
Threads: 24
Joined: Jan 2017
12-22-2018, 01:17 AM
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2018, 01:32 AM by AZHTfreak.)
WSAR15 Wrote:Toolcraft makes the Bolt Carriers but not the Bolts which are added by the distributor or re-seller.
I like the Toolcraft bolt carriers (use them in several AR15s) and buy separate quality bolts.
Toolcraft sells under it's own name and is an OEM to many vendors which then brand as their own. Probably the largest volume BCG mfg in the industry. As an OEM they will supply the BC only, or the BC+staked gas key, or a complete BCG with a C-158 or 9310 bolt in about 6-7 different coatings/treatments as specified in the vendor's RFQ.
Never, ever have had a problem with their BCGs... Lifetime warranty.
DOJ+FBI+IRS+AFT=NKVD. Joe Stalin and Lavrentiy Pavlovich Beria are tap dancing in hell right now...