Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
20" Faxon Group Buy Barrel
#1
I took out my 20" Faxon group buy barrel for a test drive today at 100 yards.
I was surprised how well the Wolf steel ammo shot.
I also shot my 16" BCA barrel with Wolf and not so good.
[Image: 25539186097_83d9629b06_c.jpg]
[Image: 26540005808_8c1c4de81a_c.jpg]
Reply
#2
The bottom left best group was 1-5/8" with factory 123gr Amax.
I didn't have any reloads so I just grabbed some Wolf and the Amax.
Reply
#3
Nice results. I was looking at the 18" BCA barrel but jumped on the 18" Faxon Group Buy barrel.
Reply
#4
I think you will be happier with the Faxon group buy barrel than the BCA.
I forgot to mention I used my SWFA 10X scope and could not see as well as with my 16X.
I don't think I pulled any shots. This is the barrel I have that shoots Wolf bimetallic ammo the best.
Maybe it is the 5EE rifling. I am getting about 2 MOA groups from the Wolf which I consider to be very good.
Reply
#5
Going to et my new upper with a 20" Faxon barrel, hope to get the same kind of results
Reply
#6
I would love to see a side by side comparison from the GB barrels and a Factory Faxon Barrel (same length) to see if BFT's custom specs are making an improvement.

Not sure what the life expectancy of a Barlitien barrel is, but I am north of 3k now. I am thinking a Proof CF barrel is next, and if the BFT specs are better, I am going to see about a custom cut.
Sticks

Catchy sig line here.
Reply
#7
Sticks Wrote:I would love to see a side by side comparison from the GB barrels and a Factory Faxon Barrel (same length) to see if BFT's custom specs are making an improvement.

Not sure what the life expectancy of a Barlitien barrel is, but I am north of 3k now. I am thinking a Proof CF barrel is next, and if the BFT specs are better, I am going to see about a custom cut.
A side by side comparison of BFT's 5R EE and plain old Faxon 5R would be interesting.
Faxon could do this easiest if they have not already done it.
I have no plain Faxon 5R barrel or I would do this next.

I want to shoot my 20" Faxon group buy again with handloads to see if I can get sub MOA.
I will also use a 16X or 20X scope for a more precise view.

I will take only this barrel and try to get calm and at peace.
I plan to reload the same cases shot yesterday with partial resizing for best chamber fit.
Maybe I will try my new XBR-8208 with 85gr Sierras with around 28gr of 8208.
Reply
#8
The closest I can come is with my Monster 16-inch barrels. The first buy was regular 5R. This upcoming 16-inch buy is 5R-EE. About as apples-to-apples as one can get!
:: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::
Reply
#9
Please do let us know.
Sticks

Catchy sig line here.
Reply
#10
Everything the same except the rifling type. Great.
Reply
#11
BluntForceTrauma Wrote:The closest I can come is with my Monster 16-inch barrels. The first buy was regular 5R. This upcoming 16-inch buy is 5R-EE. About as apples-to-apples as one can get!

Sounds scientific, this shoukd DEFINITELY be done. Pref. With a couple barrels sampled against a couple for more accurate test group (point intended.)
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)