12-01-2017, 04:36 PM
I was just looking at the Vortex Strike Eagle BDC reticle.
It matches up pretty well for a 123gr AMAX 100yd zero going 2300fps from a short barrel at 4400ft elevation/27.4" barometric pressure, but limits how far you can shoot with a 100yd zero.
![[Image: sub_strike-eagle_1-6x24_ar-bdc_moa-t.jpg]](http://www.vortexoptics.com/uploads/sub_strike-eagle_1-6x24_ar-bdc_moa-t.jpg)
123gr AMAX 2300fps 4400 ft/27.4" Hg 59˚F
200 2029 1124 -5" 2.4 MOA
300 1901 987 -18" 5.8
400 1778 864 -41" 9.9
500 1662 754 -76" 14.4
For terrain/regions where you don't have a lot of distances past 400, it might be a good solution.
I prefer turrets that I can dial or a reticle with straight .5 and 1 Mil hashes that I can set my drop and drift to based on conditions.
If I were using a drop reticle, I would rather have this in a lower end magnification, compact scope:
It matches up pretty well for a 123gr AMAX 100yd zero going 2300fps from a short barrel at 4400ft elevation/27.4" barometric pressure, but limits how far you can shoot with a 100yd zero.
![[Image: sub_strike-eagle_1-6x24_ar-bdc_moa-t.jpg]](http://www.vortexoptics.com/uploads/sub_strike-eagle_1-6x24_ar-bdc_moa-t.jpg)
123gr AMAX 2300fps 4400 ft/27.4" Hg 59˚F
200 2029 1124 -5" 2.4 MOA
300 1901 987 -18" 5.8
400 1778 864 -41" 9.9
500 1662 754 -76" 14.4
For terrain/regions where you don't have a lot of distances past 400, it might be a good solution.
I prefer turrets that I can dial or a reticle with straight .5 and 1 Mil hashes that I can set my drop and drift to based on conditions.
If I were using a drop reticle, I would rather have this in a lower end magnification, compact scope:
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com


![[Image: R2o5p9Ol.jpg]](https://i.imgur.com/R2o5p9Ol.jpg)