Posts: 14
Threads: 5
Joined: Apr 2017
Overall, I'm extremely happy with how it performed. I had 3 factory loads to test. 123 AMAX, 123 SST, and 123 ELD. Due to some time constraints, I was only able to fire groups for the ELD and AMAX. I spent time dicking around with a shitty $30 "rest" on the bench thinking it would help me get the gun more stable, but it didn't work out so well. Whoops.
As you can see with the AMAX, the top three groups were fired off the rest, the bottom group was fired after I decided to chuck the rest and threw the bipod back on and used a rear bag. All of the 123gr ELD groups were fired off the bipod with a rear bag. You can also see the POI shift when adding my suppressor with the second group on the Black where the group shifted a few inches down (I was aiming for the red circle). Anyways, I don't have much experience with precision/group shooting, so I don't think I did too shabby.
123gr ELD-M Black:
123gr AMAX:
Here's the gun:
Posts: 1,198
Threads: 52
Joined: Jan 2016
Holy moly that's a sexy rig! Real fine shooter as well. Play. On stretching it out?
Posts: 8,507
Threads: 241
Joined: Sep 2014
Chrono them and then stretch them out.
Pretty boring shooting at 100yds.
You'll have good hit rate out to at least 800yds with any of those loads on 2 MOA targets, provided you know your wind calls. I get bored shooting 12" poppers at 700yds with my Lilja 318 barrel.
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
Posts: 1,230
Threads: 6
Joined: Jun 2016
Very nice group, and beautiful rifle. Is that burnt bronze cerakote?
Posts: 78
Threads: 9
Joined: Feb 2017
Nice grouping and great looking rifle!
Posts: 12
Threads: 3
Joined: Jul 2017
How do you like running that scope? I have the same glass I plan on putting on my rifle when it comes in. What mount are you using?
Posts: 568
Threads: 44
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 4
Threads: 1
Joined: Dec 2016
That is an awesome rifle you have there. What scope is that?
Posts: 12
Threads: 3
Joined: Jul 2017
styner1989 Wrote:That is an awesome rifle you have there. What scope is that?
Looks like a 3-18 razor
Posts: 14
Threads: 5
Joined: Apr 2017
LRRPF52 Wrote:Chrono them and then stretch them out.
Pretty boring shooting at 100yds.
You'll have good hit rate out to at least 800yds with any of those loads on 2 MOA targets, provided you know your wind calls. I get bored shooting 12" poppers at 700yds with my Lilja 318 barrel.
I will eventually. I just became a member at a new shooting club with a 600y range. Only catch is I have to wait for an "orientation" class to come around before I can actually shoot on the 600y range.
For now, I'm stuck with the 200y benchrest range (I think they have a class next month, so hopefully not long).
Posts: 14
Threads: 5
Joined: Apr 2017
Texas Wrote:Very nice group, and beautiful rifle. Is that burnt bronze cerakote?
Nope. The majority of the tan is coming from the Geissele DDC parts. Receivers are Cerakoted Troy Coyote Tan.
Posts: 14
Threads: 5
Joined: Apr 2017
07-13-2017, 07:58 AM
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2017, 08:00 AM by IPooedInYourShoe.)
smacha538 Wrote:How do you like running that scope? I have the same glass I plan on putting on my rifle when it comes in. What mount are you using?
I absolutely love the scope. Admittedly, I don't have much long range experience (I've been shooting shorter RDS or LPV equipped ARs for years), but I don't like to do anything half-ass. Other than the weight, the glass is phenomenal, adjustments track well and feel great, and the reticle seems awesome (wasn't sure if I'd like the "christmas tree" style reticle).
Scope is mounted in a Geissele Super Precision mount.
I did have to swap out the PRS stock for a SOPMOD, though. The 3lb. optic/mount combo combined with a 2ish lb. stock was just too much weight.
Posts: 14
Threads: 5
Joined: Apr 2017
smacha538 Wrote:Looks like a 3-18 razor
Yep. 3-18x Razor.