Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
New grendel assembly-barrel finish and trigger questions
#1
First Grendel, intended use as a deer and short range elk rifle. My past two elk have been under 50 yards. Secondary role would be learning how to shoot long range.

Question 1: should I finish my AA 18" lite barrel? I imagine rust may form under the gas block after a wet hunt.

Question 2: trigger-Besides a RRA 2 stage I've only used standard AR triggers. Looks like there are a boggling array of options. Looking for something around $100 but flexible

Other details for those interested.
AA 18" lite barrel (changed my order from the 16" and shipped a few days later)
AA a2 fh
Vltor clamp on gas block
Areo upper sans forward assist
Odin works 12.5 keymod fde
AA bolt
Hunting optic weaver 1-3
Long range optic Bushnell 3200 fixed 10x

Everything else TBD

Thanks!!
Reply
#2
Looks like a fine parts list! If you are worried about rust under the gas block you could bed it with loctite. Most barrels I've seen were not finished in the area where the gas block is installed.

You might find a Timney or CMC on sale for close to $100 if you patient. ALG triggers are a nice step up from "standard AR triggers".
Reply
#3
The larue mbt2s trigger goes on sale for $99 a few times a year. Usually around holidays. And i love it
Reply
#4
I am considering cerakote on my stainless barrels because I found a few specks of rust after hunting in a light rain.
Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...-Whitetail
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)