Posts: 2
Threads: 2
Joined: Jan 2017
I am doing my first 6.5 grendel build. Have built a couple of .223 with std flash hider. I want something different on the new gun.
Is it imperative that I have a 6.5 grendel muzzle brake/compensator, or will a larger one work? Seems to be a real shortage of these for 6.5 grendel.
Posts: 1,787
Threads: 49
Joined: Feb 2016
Alexander arms sells them.
Posts: 8,507
Threads: 241
Joined: Sep 2014
Welcome aboard.
Most devices are bored large enough for .30 cal and use different threads, namely 9/16x24 or 5/8x24 RH.
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
Posts: 53
Threads: 1
Joined: Mar 2015
There was a test published (precisionrifleblog) that showed almost no difference between a 6.5mm specific muzzle brake and .30 cal muzzle brake of the same design.
Quote:
I ran tests to see how much it mattered if a muzzle brake was caliber-specific, and those results were also surprising. I tested the effectiveness of having a caliber-specific brake on 4 very different muzzle brake designs that I had in all calibers: the APA Little B*, Holland 1.25 Radial QD Brake, Impact Precision Brake, and West Texas Ordnance Brake. I only found an improvement of 1-3% if a brake was 6mm rather than 30 caliber (7.62mm).
To be clear, I tried the 6mm, 6.5mm, and 30 caliber brakes all on the 6XC, and in all 4 muzzle brake designs, there was only a difference of 1-3% in recoil reduction in terms of both overall momentum and peak force. That surprised me. I expected the caliber size of the bullet hole in the brake to make more of a difference. But, thats why I actually run the tests and dont just talk about this stuff!
Posts: 713
Threads: 42
Joined: Feb 2014
Odin has one out specific for the the Grendel now and it has good reviews. I have two of them and like them. No washers, no timing, very easy to put on. BANG BANG!!
Posts: 14
Threads: 3
Joined: Dec 2016
Slappy Wrote:Odin has one out specific for the the Grendel now and it has good reviews. I have two of them and like them. No washers, no timing, very easy to put on. BANG BANG!!
how ya going to state that and not link anything?! Here you go

Looks like its $100.
http://www.odinworks.com/product_p/mb-atlas.htm
Posts: 26
Threads: 2
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 1
Threads: 0
Joined: Feb 2017
Bisley- on that stainless LMD brake....is that the "cerakoted stainless" or "bead blasted?" I assumed it's bead blasted, just want to make sure before I order.