03-19-2016, 12:02 AM
I've been using 26.0 grains of VihtaVuori N530 with 107 grain SMK's. Always under an inch if I don't make a mistake, lots of five shot half-inch groups that tells me it's a keeper.
|
107gr SMK with 8208 XBR, a New Look
|
|
03-19-2016, 12:02 AM
I've been using 26.0 grains of VihtaVuori N530 with 107 grain SMK's. Always under an inch if I don't make a mistake, lots of five shot half-inch groups that tells me it's a keeper.
05-11-2016, 01:08 AM
Did the 107 SMK/8208XBR load end up working out well?
05-11-2016, 04:39 PM
Haven't tested them yet. I'm building up a large assortment of different loads I need to test, including:
95gr GS Customs HV 100gr Barnes TTSX 107gr SMK 129gr ABLR
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor 6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here: www.AR15buildbox.com
01-30-2018, 05:26 AM
I just wanted to update this thread as it was brought up. I'm sure I posted the results in another thread, but in case anyone came across this one, it's nice to have the results.
Lilja 318 17.6" Wasp profile (very light) barrel fired on 17MAY2016, 64˚F 28.5 2562fps 28.8 2579 29.1 2624 29.4 2626 29.7 2655 30.0 2658 This was with a 2009-2010 lot of 8208XBR if I recall correctly. From what I've seen, I won't load much over 29gr under the 107gr SMK. Notice the large jump from 28.8gr to 29.1gr? That's a 45fps increase for .3gr, which is a potential departure from the trend if it duplicates. Small cases get dicey when loaded to max fill with faster powders.
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor 6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here: www.AR15buildbox.com
08-22-2020, 07:33 PM
Heinz57grendel Wrote:This is my go to load and by far my favorite bullet. 107 smk lapua case 29.3 gr of 8208 with a cci 450 primer. Shoots .5 moa consistentlyI like the sound of this, I have a 20 and 16 inch grendel...what are you running this load through? Thanks
08-22-2020, 10:11 PM
4185linder Wrote:I like the sound of this, I have a 20 and 16 inch grendel...what are you running this load through? Thanks Heinz hasn't posted in two years, you might not get an answer. Original posting was 2016. |
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|