• 1075 tech
    Warrior
    • Apr 2015

He's at it again - Some SS recipients may be banned from owning guns

Story here: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...d%3D1915577551
  • rabiddawg
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2013

What the hell will those morons think of next?
    Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• Drift
      Warrior
      • Nov 2014

Guys, One of the things I want in a gun owner is the ability to discriminate between threat and not-threat. If a person is able to, even if they are 9 years old I'm ok with them having a gun. But if a person is unable to do that (read mentally disabled), and on social security I'm ok in disarming them.
      The problem for me arises in the nature of our government. I dont trust government to do it for the public good. History show that the federal government will use such laws to control and subdue. In fact most of us here on this forum would prefer the risk a few guns being in wrong hands to the risk of all guns in the hands of the federal government.

Comment

• JASmith
        Chieftain
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Drift View Post
        ...In fact most of us here on this forum would prefer the risk a few guns being in wrong hands to the risk of all guns in the hands of the federal government.
        Extraordinarily well said!!

Might want to extend the caution to ALL levels of government...
        shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
        -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• Hoser1
          Bloodstained
          • May 2015

I can really see this turning ugly..... My father is onSS and has a lot of fire arms, by NO means his mentally incapable of owning or even using them, just last week he shot a wood chuck, and a nutria rat, my father will turn 79 the end of dec. basically the government said they were taking guns away from somebody that can't balance a check book. He owe's no one. Was an owner/operator of a concrete business. He has a right to his guns. He is an army vet and a still a very good marksman. The only that slows him down is his arthritis. This is a way for the Feds to get in and start the disarming of America, very similar to the way Hitler did. We all need to open the history books again and refresh our memories, those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it, just sayin!!

Comment

Working...
          X