• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • burkew23
    Warrior
    • May 2013

Republicans who voted for gun control

A friend just sent me a list of Republicans who voted for gun control last week, just thought I'd share. I was in shock to see certain names on this list.

However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once."

Judge Alex Kozinski dissenting in Silveira v. Lockyer, 328 F.3d 567 (9th Circuit 2003)
  • BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

I'm about as far right wing as you can get, much farther right than Republican moderates like Ronald Reagan. Having said that, the website you linked to has the feel of a little bit of right-wing, fund-raising hype. I'd have to see the original bill to understand the connection they're trying to make from medical records to straight up gun control.

At any rate, I'm not surprised by the vote of the Minnesota representative, Erik Paulsen, who is a moderate, or more commonly called a RINO.

Good quote from Judge Kozinski, BTW.

John
    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

Source: NAGR, who have been a major critic of the NRA for years in order to get attention/fundraising.

Comment

Maybe re-post the list in eariiy November?

Comment

• rebelsoul
          Warrior
          • Jan 2014

Thanks for posting. + 1 on repeating it before the next election.
          "When you have to shoot... Shoot! Don't talk." Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez a.k.a. "The Rat".

Comment

• LR1955
            Super Moderator
            • Mar 2011

Guys:

I would check how the NRA rates these guys first. You have to understand that the sole purpose of most of these fly by night gun rights guys is to get your money and to boost their ego's.

You really need to check these things carefully before making a decision that leads to a Democrat victory.

First, see if the legislation had a chance of moving out of conference.

Then you need to read the legislation yourself and see if it does what these 'gun advocates' say it does. Not by extension but by seeing the actual words in the legislation.

Understand that these guys are trying to scare you out of your money and they will lie to get your money.

LR1955

Comment

• explorecaves

Yeah, I made the mistake of entering one of my email addresses into one of their giveaways last year. Luckily it was one of my throw away emails because they sold that address faster than a twinkie disappearing from a weight watchers meeting.

Comment

I have opted out of NAGR emails and I still get bombarded by them.

The NRA does more than most people can comprehend to not only protect our 2A provisions, but also provides some of the best training in the world when it comes to being an instructor, RSO, personal defense, Refuse to be a Victim, etc.

I just completed or renewed my NRA Rifle, Basic, RSO, and Shotgun Instructor courses all last week in preparation for supporting Boy Scouts of America shooting sports. The NRA is a huge supporter of BSA, and puts forth millions each year to that cause, in addition to volunteer hours from NRA Instructors.

Ever heard of a NAGR certified instructor? Maybe all the Reps on the list are RINOs to their core, I don't know, but I would heed LR1955's advice and do the legwork yourself before knee-jerking.
                Last edited by Guest; 06-08-2014, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Just because I send the the NRA some $ from time to time and check their web site before voting does not mean I aborgate my right to make my own decisions. I see nothing wrong with giving the grendel horde some information before vote day.

Comment

• rebelsoul
                    Warrior
                    • Jan 2014

Originally posted by hm2 clark View Post
                    Just because I send the the NRA some $ from time to time and check their web site before voting does not mean I aborgate my right to make my own decisions. I see nothing wrong with giving the grendel horde some information before vote day.
                    I like to here all sides of an issue and as a right wing extremist, I tell everone on the other side how ignorant they are.
                    "When you have to shoot... Shoot! Don't talk." Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez a.k.a. "The Rat".

Comment

Working...
                    X