Starbucks is beginning to cave to Anti-Gun demands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starbucks is beginning to cave to Anti-Gun demands

Interesting letter as it tries to balance the anti-gunners and the pro-gunners, but it specifically says that weapons should not be part of the coffee experience and that they are not welcome in the stores. But then it says that employees should NOT enforce anything and that all customers are welcome. . . without their weapons.

Read and decide for yourself.

Look this is more or less "don't ask, don't tell". They are not going to ask (ban) about guns and you are not going to tell (OC).

Too many gun right activists are in your face about OC. It is the same with cops who wear civilian clothes with gun OC with badge. It is a way to say look at me, I am so important. It is the reason that cops want to have the cool guns and restrict the civilian population. Status symbols. it is why mayors, governors and celebrities have bodyguards as a way to say that their lives are more valuable than yours.

Comment

I still find it odd that Diane Feinstein has a CWP. All the anti gun "Stars" have Armed Security and still don't recognize your right to defend yourself. Madonna is very outspoken about it and her bodyguards have shot a couple people, one who was unarmed. Cant remember which star was saying that Mr Zimmerman should not have been armed even though Mr Martin was in the commission of a hate crime. Stupid people do stupid things and public figures who have no reason to open their mouths about a subject they know little about or have no say in. Their 1st Amendment rights carry a burden of credibility and their status and I feel they are best served by silence. When they invent a portable personal police officer, I'll stop carrying.
      Last edited by Guest; 09-18-2013, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by joker31 View Post
        I still find it odd that Diane Feinstein has a CWP. All the anti gun "Stars" have Armed Security and still don't recognize your right to defend yourself. Madonna is very outspoken about it and her bodyguards have shot a couple people, one who was unarmed. Cant remember which star was saying that Mr Zimmerman should not have been armed even though Mr Martin was in the commission of a hate crime. Stupid people do stupid things and public figures who have no reason to open their mouths about a subject they know little about or have no say in. Their 1st Amendment rights carry a burden of credibility and their status and I feel they are best served by silence. When they invent a portable personal police officer, I'll stop carrying.
        We need to lobby to get rid of bodyguards. Make it class warfare issue.

Comment

• Tedward
          Banned
          • Feb 2013

I think the "don't show and they won't tell you to go" is more like it. If you have a gun in your pant leg or under your shirt and don't flash it nobody feels uneasy. Common sense... It is like that guy in Texas carrying his AR-15 around town to say we can carry long guns but not Pistols, just causes issues. I have my conceal carry and I conceal. If you notice the bulge under my coat or shirt then you really don't know if it's my cell phone or a gun.

Just be inconspicuous and don't try to play Dirty Harry with your cannon on your side....

Comment

• Tedward
            Banned
            • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Trooper View Post
            We need to lobby to get rid of bodyguards. Make it class warfare issue.
            This is just what we need, more frickin law suites if people do just what your saying. It's there store, just don't go. Go to Caribu. If everyone goes up in arms, the anti-gun people win.

Comment

• burkew23
              Warrior
              • May 2013

I think this blog post hits it on the head:

This website is for sale! practicaltacticalpodcast.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, practicaltacticalpodcast.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

• bwaites
                • Mar 2011

Starbucks is making a sound financial decision. They don't want to drive off a big piece of business by being perceived as not hearing the complaints from the moms who are freaked by guns, but don't want to be perceived as not supporting a right to self defense. Essentially they are saying, "please play nice in our sandbox by not creating an uncomfortable situation for our other customers". It's akin to asking people not to smoke in the establishment. I realize some people have to make a statement, Starbucks is asking that you don't do it there. Carry concealed and all is well, and even if you do open carry, they'll still serve you! They are politely asking that you refrain from making people uncomfortable in THEIR business, I think thats an entirely reasonable request.

I find it interesting that everyone is all bent about Starbucks. I'm not a coffee drinker, but they make a good cup of chocolate too. That said, I typically spend more on 1 trip to Costco than I have spent in ALL my trips to Starbucks, and I know that many gun owners are the same. Costco has a MUCH more restrictive policy than Starbucks. They don't even have to post, because they are a membership business and its in the membership agreement everyone signs. Heck, a guy was killed at a Costco because he was carrying and the staff and cops overreacted.

William Mosher was one of the first Metro Police officers who responded to the Summerlin Costco on July 10 after an employee called 911 to report that a man with a concealed weapon was destroying merchandise in the store and acting erratically.
                Last edited by bwaites; 09-20-2013, 04:39 AM.

Comment

• BjornF16
                  Chieftain
                  • Jun 2011

I was bemused when all these people were going to SBux for "Starbucks Appreciation Day" because they allegedly defended the 2A…they merely told the anti-gunners they weren't going to post for no conceal carry and merely wanted to comply with local laws. As Bwaites said, they were basically "triangulating"...
                  LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
                  Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

Originally posted by Tedward View Post
                    This is just what we need, more frickin law suites if people do just what your saying. It's there store, just don't go. Go to Caribu. If everyone goes up in arms, the anti-gun people win.
                    Why should rich democrats get a pass? They want us disarmed yet they have armed bodyguards so that they can show the world how valuable they are?

If we are disarmed then they should not be allowed bodyguards.

Comment

• Tedward
                      Banned
                      • Feb 2013

Nobody is disarmed so really not an issue.

Comment

We have a bunch of pro gun activists who have been carrying AR-15s into Starbucks just to see how far they could push it.

In many ways the libertarians are just as bad as the anarchists on the left.

Comment

• BjornF16
                          Chieftain
                          • Jun 2011

Really?…I think a lot of people would disagree
                          LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
                          Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

Working...
                          X