• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inside the minds of those who would see you disarmed

• COTNTOP
    Warrior
    • Mar 2011

What worries me is the people who vote for those clowns. Those people are relentless, good find.

Comment

• SHORT-N-SASSY
      Warrior
      • Apr 2013

CNN: AR-15 May Not Have Been Used In Navy Yard Shooting After All http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...ing-after-all/

Comment

The media immediately assumed it was some Tea Party member. Especially when it was reported that the shooter came from Texas. Then they found that he was black and grew up in NYC.

Has anyone noticed that most of these shooters have ties to the democrat party as well as being on "head meds"?

Comment

• BjornF16
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2011

This one will lead to an Executive Dictate (ummm, Order) to the VA to list any veteran with emotional, mental issues (to include PTSD) as unable to own firearms...
          LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
          Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

Originally posted by BjornF16 View Post
            This one will lead to an Executive Dictate (ummm, Order) to the VA to list any veteran with emotional, mental issues (to include PTSD) as unable to own firearms...
            Then it is a court fight. you can not have your rights restricted without a hearing in front of a judge. A doctor does not have the power to restrict your rights. If that was true then the government would be using mental health as a reason to restrict those who dissent.

Comment

• Deer Hunter

I've been reading for months about several Vets who went to the doctor and ended up having their guns confiscated. Its already happening.

Comment

• BjornF16
                Chieftain
                • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Deer Hunter View Post
                I've been reading for months about several Vets who went to the doctor and ended up having their guns confiscated. Its already happening.
                should be a court fight.

I struggle with this. There are those who should have, at least temporarily, access to firearms removed. But I don't want any mere bureaucratic maneuver to be the vehicle. This needs to be adjudicated and not the whim of some anti-2A physician.

The D.C. Navy yard shooter, Alexis, and the Aurora shooter are examples of those who don't need access to guns. Loughner was another. Loughner and Alexis both had run-ins with local law enforcement and I'm not sure why their names weren't put on NICS due to those encounters alone.

This will consume the debate for a while after the dust settles from D.C. a bit. I'm open to ideas. I absolutely lean towards protecting rights, particularly combat vets rights.

In the end, I'd like to see non-MP/SP military members able to carry on military installations. I'd like to know the real history of disarmament on military installations (I seem to remember it was always that way during my career at stateside bases).

Comment

• Sarge12486

I assume the policies on US bases is just to reduce accident's, negligent discharges, etc. In the Navy alone, I regularly see reports about some idiot accidently discharging a round. Honostly, I was terrified by the lack of basic gun knowledge by some of the aircrew in my old squadron when they were prepping their M11s before going on a mission.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarge12486 View Post
                    I assume the policies on US bases is just to reduce accident's, negligent discharges, etc. In the Navy alone, I regularly see reports about some idiot accidently discharging a round. Honostly, I was terrified by the lack of basic gun knowledge by some of the aircrew in my old squadron when they were prepping their M11s before going on a mission.
                    An "accidential discharge" with a 5" gun would be very interesting. Even more with a heat seeking missile!

Comment

• Michael
                      Warrior
                      • Jan 2012

An 'Accidental Discharge' (AD) in the military is akin to a unicorn. There are 'Negligent Discharges' (ND) as a result of poor training or lack of adherence to 4 safety rules. ADs are a result of a fault with the weapon not functioning as designed. In my limited experience, the military is pretty anal about ensure that all weapons are LTI/PFIed prior to leaving the armory to keep the ADs to a minimum. Do they happen? Yeah, but very, very rarely and usually after some hard live fire use and on the live fire range (again, basing on my limited experience).

I concur with Sarge12486 - just because someone is in the military does not mean they are proficient or properly trained in the safe and effective use of firearms. They should be, but they aren't. That is the primary reason why everyone on a base does not walk around armed. This was part of a fairly lengthy discussion when I was in 2d MarDiv after 9/11. To arm or not to arm the masses...decided no.

Re the mental health post...very touchy - especially with vets. There are a lot of vets/active duty out there with PTSD, anger issues, ect. whose only solace are the shooting sports. Should psych's decide? Commanders? Spouses/family members? Should it be a joint discussion between all listed and individual - al-la intervention?

I don't know and I wrestle with it on a daily basis should I ever be put in that situation where I am the commander, or even the individual.
                      I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.
                      - Voltaire

Comment

• BjornF16
                        Chieftain
                        • Jun 2011

I can see the logic of not arming "the masses" on military installations…but I do think that there should be more able to carry arms (and they should be proficient).

I used to keep shotgun in my trunk all the time in mid 80's to early 90's when stationed in the US. I don't bother going onto local bases anymore because I'm not supposed to have a gun in the vehicle.

Comment

The big question is: What happened in this country where suddenly, there are suddenly so many insane people? Or even, ruthless, malicious, murderous people?

Anything that doesn't kill this at the root is bound to just cause more problems.

Of course the answer to that question is: America has decided that our Founders' beliefs were stupid, ignorant, and malicious and superstitious. So we've turned to the worst crop of false "scientists" this planet have ever seen, (that demand that we should be investigating Mars, looking for aliens, expecting that the meaning of life surely shall be found in the spontaneous generation of life from...an electrified pile of dung) and entertainers for the establishment of the standards for humanity.

It was Blaise Pascal that wrote so truly that man with out --- is the miserable and corrupt of all creatures. Of course, he was just an idiot compared to Wolf Blitzer or Piers Morgan, et. al.

Comment

At the end of the day, I prefer living in a society where almost everyone, including those with mental challenges, have access to firearms, than a society where the most venerated and "educated" citizens are denied ownership of them, let alone the right to protect themselves using justifiable force.

Our experiment in freedom is much more preferable than those who live in camouflage slavery.

Comment

• TheOTHERmaninblack
                              Warrior
                              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                              At the end of the day, I prefer living in a society where almost everyone, including those with mental challenges, have access to firearms, than a society where the most venerated and "educated" citizens are denied ownership of them, let alone the right to protect themselves using justifiable force.

Our experiment in freedom is much more preferable than those who live in camouflage slavery.
                              I've got a poster on my wall that says, "Freedom is dangerous, the alternative horrifying."

The thing about crazy people is, most of them aren't crazy enough to go into a place where everybody else is armed and start blasting away. It's easy to verify this, since none of them has ever done it.

Comment

Working...
                              X