• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kikn
    Warrior
    • Nov 2011

Oregon active shooter drill failure...

Read the latest headlines, news stories, and opinion from Politics, Entertainment, Life, Perspectives, and more.

It would be very interesting to what happens if they try that in a school where someone is carrying legally or illegally.

The disruption and community excitement (panic) this causes seems to far outweigh any training value.

On the other hand, five a year across the nation for research and assessment purposes, but anytime someone runs into a room full of folks while yelling and shooting blanks a lot of adrenaline is pumped. The odds are that at least of these testers will get shot.

Far better to have one or more staff armed and make sure THEY get realistic training.

Comment

• biodsl
      Chieftain
      • Aug 2011

This is what happens when you leave tactical training to academics. They're extremely fortunate someone wasn't killed. I didn't see anything to indicate any other community group was involved in the 'training', a significant oversight on Principle Cammie's part. A better approach would have been to involve local LE, EMS, and the hospital. Oh yeah, and how about the kids since they're the ones who are gonna be shot at. You need to top all that off with a few dedicated safety officers.

More like a bad joke than training.
      Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• Variable
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

An asshat Sheriff (or Chief, I can't remember?) pulled a similar stunt in a neighboring county a couple years back. He did an unnanounced scenario with mask and blanks too. It was at a public school in the morning with students present if I was told correctly.

I take my young daughter to school, and if it had happened where we were it could have very likely ended up in a fatality.
        Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
        We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

Working...
        X