Working around new Ct laws?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working around new Ct laws?

Feel free to jump on my head all you want for this, but my wife has been offered a great career opportunity in Connecticut. It is what's best for her and the kids, so I have to suck it up. Reno NV is free & fun but devoid of opportunity.

I've been combing through the new laws looking for ways to take at least one "assault weapon" with me and I had and idea. Would it be possible to rework the BHO to engage after every shot thereby rendering it no longer semi-automatic? I'm wondering if that would fly? It could be relatively easy to undo should the need arise...
  • Variable
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

You could do that, but I don't think it would be acceptable to them. You'd be creating a semi-automatic single shot. A "self ejector".

If you "permanently" disable the gas system, then you'd have a straight pull rifle.

I forget all the details, but I recall the British folks having some pump action AR rifles. Kind of like a piston gun, but with no gas, and the piston connected to a pump action hand guard. Perhaps some of our UK brethren can shine some light on the process and/or parts.
    Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
    We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

You could have a sleeve silver soldered over GB journal and have a side charger handle installed to convert to straight pull bolt action. The silver soldered sleeve could be removed once you were in a legal position to do so. Check with a smith and a lawyer first though, if no apples, I'll hold it for you!lol.

Comment

Thanks for the tips. I'm also going to spend some time going through the wording looking for anything concerning AR PISTOLS. Doubt they were dumb enough to leave that out, but who knows

Comment

• mongoosesnipe
          Chieftain
          • May 2012

They have gone with the one military feature rule so that's what your working with If you want to keep the detachable mag you will need to eliminate all of the military features whi will basically require you to get one of the weird cheater fixed stocks like the frs-15 California
          Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

• mongoosesnipe
            Chieftain
            • May 2012

And there is always the bullet button....
            Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

• Deer Hunter

I guess you better just get a good bolt action rig and sell your AR type rifles, good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Deer Hunter View Post
                I guess you better just get a good bolt action rig and sell your AR type rifles, good luck.
                I picked up a Rem 700 tactical in .308 as a "replacement" for selling off the Grendel, but I'm torn at the idea of getting rid of the 5.56 AR too. I'd feel naked!

Comment

That State is headed for a major turd storm. I wouldn't want to be there when Al Gore's dreams come true, that's for sure. This is why I don't visit my home State anymore, where I really need to be able to carry concealed, but can't legally. I also can't bring any of my rifles there for competition, training, etc.

Comment

• Deer Hunter

Originally posted by bdevr View Post
                    I picked up a Rem 700 tactical in .308 as a "replacement" for selling off the Grendel, but I'm torn at the idea of getting rid of the 5.56 AR too. I'd feel naked!
                    The things we do for our wives, like getting rid of your favorite rifle definately attests ones Love and dedication so sayeth Deer Hunter.

Comment

Originally posted by Deer Hunter View Post
                      The things we do for our wives, like getting rid of your favorite rifle definately attests ones Love and dedication so sayeth Deer Hunter.
                      LMAO. That's a nice sentiment but make no mistake about it, this is for my 1.5 kids. She can just think it's about her if I get a little something out of it...

Comment

• Dogue
                        Warrior
                        • Mar 2011

You're a better man than I am...no way I'd go to CT, DC, NY, IL, CO, or CA.

Any family in a 'free' state that you can leave your guns with? Who knows, after a good winter in the NE your wife might also decide it's just not worth it. Not to mention, COL is likely much higher in CT than NV so I hope it's a really good pay jump.
                        Μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

She grew up in Bar Harbor Maine, winter will be a non issue. All of my family is in Massachusetts, so that option is out. Looking at a 60-70% pay increase. The main reason for the move is the kids. While I can teach them right from liberal BS wrong wherever we may live, the education system here in northern NV is terrible. I'll swallow most of my principles to help afford them the chance at a better future. My only reasoning for trying to skirt these idiotic laws and keep one defensive (assault) weapon is for protection of my family should SHTF.

Comment

I actually work for Thordsen Customs, the makers of the FRS-15. We have been in contact with the Connecticut state police regarding using the FRS-15 there to keep a rifle in a non-AW configuration. We're still in a holding pattern waiting for our molded produtcion stocks to get finished up, but if you can wait it should be a legal option for you once they're out. (Also working on getting the go ahead from NY and others) I don't want to break any rules regarding advertising or anything of the sort but if any of you have questions about the stock or our other products you can PM me here.

Comment

Working...
                            X