• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cbe1962
    Warrior
    • Sep 2012

An interesting development

I am sure many have already seen this, but I thought it was worth passing along:

Senate Democrats recently removed bans on semi-automatic weapons from pending gun-control legislation in apparent hopes of passing the more politically acceptable universal background checks -- even referring to the check as the “sweet spot” of the proposal. 

I Like the way they spin a major defeat into a claim that the universal background check was their goal from the start. It kinda reminds me of the old joke about the boy who jumps into a room full of manure and screams" with all the horse s@$! in here there has to be a pony in here somewhere".

Comment

• cbe1962
      Warrior
      • Sep 2012

I was encouraged by Sen Graham's comments in the 3rd & 4th paragraph - "...I think this legislation is going nowhere."

Call me hopeful...

Comment

We need a counter-proposal to get rid of the 1986, 1968, and 1934 assaults on the Right of the People to Keep & Bear Arms. ATF needs to be abolished and de-funded. Holder needs to be prosecuted as an accessory to thousands of murders in Mexico, as well as Brian Terry and Jaime Zapata, conspiracy to transfer weapons to terrorist organizations dating to before Fast & Furious (Chiquita Banana case with FARC and AUC, which used murder, extortion, & torture in Columbia: http://www.corpwatch.org/article.php?id=15697), and he needs to be called out for his terrorist activities in college, where he assaulted an ROTC building with other useful idiots.

We need to get rid of the FFL system, as it is registration delegated to the gun dealers, and is now all electronic when you call in a 4473 with the customer's SSN, and type of firearm. That is back-door registration, and an affront to the intent of the 2A. What was wrong with my grandparent's America when you could mail-order rifles and pistols from Montgomery Ward's catalog?

By expanding the NICS to force FFL dealers to conduct private party sales, you place an unbearable burden on an existing illegal scheme that already is having difficulty dealing with the volume of firearms purchases.

I openly state that there was nothing wrong with the relatively unregulated system we had pre-1934. Does anyone think that the NFA stopped organized crime from obtaining machgineguns or any other tools of their trade? No, it only penalized legitimate citizens from owning weapons of common use for military purposes, which is what even the SCOTUS has ruled the 2A covers.

We've been conditioned to think ill of machine gun and crew-served weapon ownership, but those are exactly the types of weapons necessary for a Free State against a tyrannical government. There should be absolutely no regulation of suppressors, like many European nations have done until recently.

These Senators need to start pushing the ball back down to the other end of the field, because the end zone is behind us right now, and I'm tired of watching gutless, spineless shells of human beings be on the defensive all the time in the legislature. They need to hit back hard with some teeth that cuts the ATF to shreds, erases Federal intrusion into anything firearm related, and places extreme and severe capital penalties against those who seek to remove the pillar of our foundational documents and real protections.

We need to get D.C. out of the firearms business entirely. Nothing they touch turns out well. I mean, look at Foreign Military Sales right now, never mind the "budget".

In the meantime, start looking at investing in tooling at your county level.
        Last edited by Guest; 04-02-2013, 03:46 PM.

Comment

• rickOshay
          Warrior
          • Apr 2012

Part of that "pushing the ball" (great phrase LR !) to the other end MUST include the senatorial elections this cycle. The must become the litmus test - "Do you support private ownership semi-automatic weapons in common use today"?

I hope the NRA can get behind an electable candidate to displace Feinstein. This woman has stated that if she had her way she would ban all guns. She does not support the Constitution.

Comment

• shotgun_wedding

Sometime before the midterm, it might be fun for a senator to introduce a bill that includes the text of the oath of office that each senator is supposed to take. Make sure it includes both the constitution and bill of rights. Now, that should pass 100-0, but - being (the other) Washington, I doubt would...

Comment

• cory
              Chieftain
              • Jun 2012

LRRPF52 The real question here is when are you going to run for Senate. You'd get my vote.
              "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• cbe1962
                Warrior
                • Sep 2012

It probably would pass 100-0. But to some senators, the language is not absolute, allowing them to vote "yea" based on their 'morally relative' interpretation...

Comment

• montana
                  Chieftain
                  • Jun 2011

Originally posted by cory View Post
                  LRRPF52 The real question here is when are you going to run for Senate. You'd get my vote.
                  I second the motion.

Comment

• Dogue
                    Warrior
                    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by cory View Post
                    How you gonna vote for a TX Senator in AL? Plus, I wouldn't wish public office on my enemies...we need LRRPF52 right here (or maybe in an advisory role for Sen. Cruz).

I hope the AWB and mag limit parts being shelved (for now) allows product to start filtering back into the system sometime in the next few months.
                    Μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

• cory
                      Chieftain
                      • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Dogue View Post
                      How you gonna vote for a TX Senator in AL?
                      If these libtards can vote for the terrorist 5 or 6 times, surely I can vote for a Senator in another state.
                      "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Very rarely does a layman get elected Senate. It's usually blue bloods with wealthy families or strong connections to the D.C. area once you've "proven" yourself to be worthy of associating with the likes of Ted Kennedy, Schumer, Arlen Specter, John Kerry, John McCain, etc. You have to rape a bus full of nuns to qualify.

Mike Lee, Ted Cruz, and Rand Paul are exceptions, but they have plans to convert them to the dark side, believe me, and they're great at it.

Comment

• Variable
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                          We need a counter-proposal to get rid of the 1986, 1968, and 1934 assaults on the Right of the People to Keep & Bear Arms. ATF needs to be abolished and de-funded. Holder needs to be prosecuted as an accessory to thousands of murders in Mexico, as well as Brian Terry and Jaime Zapata, conspiracy to transfer weapons to terrorist organizations dating to before Fast & Furious (Chiquita Banana case with FARC and AUC, which used murder, extortion, & torture in Columbia: http://www.corpwatch.org/article.php?id=15697), and he needs to be called out for his terrorist activities in college, where he assaulted an ROTC building with other useful idiots.

We need to get rid of the FFL system, as it is registration delegated to the gun dealers, and is now all electronic when you call in a 4473 with the customer's SSN, and type of firearm. That is back-door registration, and an affront to the intent of the 2A. What was wrong with my grandparent's America when you could mail-order rifles and pistols from Montgomery Ward's catalog?

By expanding the NICS to force FFL dealers to conduct private party sales, you place an unbearable burden on an existing illegal scheme that already is having difficulty dealing with the volume of firearms purchases.

I openly state that there was nothing wrong with the relatively unregulated system we had pre-1934. Does anyone think that the NFA stopped organized crime from obtaining machgineguns or any other tools of their trade? No, it only penalized legitimate citizens from owning weapons of common use for military purposes, which is what even the SCOTUS has ruled the 2A covers.

We've been conditioned to think ill of machine gun and crew-served weapon ownership, but those are exactly the types of weapons necessary for a Free State against a tyrannical government. There should be absolutely no regulation of suppressors, like many European nations have done until recently.

These Senators need to start pushing the ball back down to the other end of the field, because the end zone is behind us right now, and I'm tired of watching gutless, spineless shells of human beings be on the defensive all the time in the legislature. They need to hit back hard with some teeth that cuts the ATF to shreds, erases Federal intrusion into anything firearm related, and places extreme and severe capital penalties against those who seek to remove the pillar of our foundational documents and real protections.

We need to get D.C. out of the firearms business entirely. Nothing they touch turns out well. I mean, look at Foreign Military Sales right now, never mind the "budget".

I the meantime, start looking at investing in tooling at your county level.
                          Amen brother! If we were single and you were a chick I'd marry you!
                          Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                          We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• Deer Hunter

I like Sen Cruz. He and Rand Paul are smart guys but better yet they say the things I want to hear them say like (NO!) ENOUGH!

Comment

Working...
                            X