The attempted bans have begun, and so have the counterstrikes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

The attempted bans have begun, and so have the counterstrikes!

As many of you may know, the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show was scheduled to begin in Pennsylvania in early February. The organizers, Reed Exhibitions, (who actually is owned by a British Company) came under fire because they decided to ban Modern Sporting Rifles (ie AR's) from the show. That caused huge backlash, and Cabelas, a sponsor of the show, promptly dropped out, as did numerous speakers and exhibitions. The show is huge, with attendance between 200-250,000, (SHOT show has about 70,000).

Reed Exhibitions actually manages SHOT show as well.

However, because of the number of withdrawals, ESOS has been cancelled, and the National Shooting Sports Federation, who puts on SHOT, is considering dropping them.

This is what we can do when we stick together!

They say "postpone" so hopefully they'll reschedule it WITH MSR's.

Comment

• bwaites
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Allen View Post
      They say "postpone" so hopefully they'll reschedule it WITH MSR's.
      I seriously doubt that anyone in the industry will deal with them again. The show may survive if someone else picks up the banner and goes.

Comment

• Rare_Breed

This was all the talk at work today. All week guys have been talking about the situation, none of them were going to attend because of the decision. One of the guys has been going since he was a kid, his father would take him out of school one day just to make it even more special, he doesn't own a AR but he is a gun owner and has the mindset that we're all in this together (I wish more gun owners thought this way).

I think this definitely shows not only what we can do if we stick together, but it shows that there are vendors out there that are more interested in our rights than the opportunity to make a few bucks. This is definitely refreshing after the recent betrayals by Dicks and Wal Mart after SH. Hopefully other Sporting Goods stores will follow suit and back us up rather than selling out to look good in the media.

Comment

• Taylormade

I bet once they do the math and realize their monetary loss, they will have a change of heart and be begging for their sponsors to come back. To bad so sad. Maybe Piers Morgan can fund it.

Comment

Yup, because ultimately their highest god is $$ and they (liberals blow hards) will yield their "convictions" to bow in that direction. Always, every time, absolutely no exceptions. You may have to drill or wait to see it, but it never fails.

Comment

• Deer Hunter

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
              I seriously doubt that anyone in the industry will deal with them again. The show may survive if someone else picks up the banner and goes.
              I dont want even want them to have a sucessful Fleamarket after this. If they want to rumble? So be it!

Comment

• bwaites
                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Taylormade View Post
                I bet once they do the math and realize their monetary loss, they will have a change of heart and be begging for their sponsors to come back. To bad so sad. Maybe Piers Morgan can fund it.
                They got all the entry fees from people attending......250,000 x 14 = 3.5 million dollars in entry fees alone. That has to hurt a bit!

Comment

Working...
                X