X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • montana
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2011

This is sad. People have to go to these lengths over stupid firearms "semiautomatic" that have been around for over 100 years. Look how pathetic the government is making people behave, like were transporting plutonium. I use to transport a couple thousand pounds of dynamite and anfo through town when we were blasting rock on logging roads.I was only 19 years old. All we did was meet the seller at the bunker, pay him, and put some placards on our pickup and went to work. We use to bring our rifles and shot guns to grade school and leave them in the principles office till after school to go hunting. In high school we would sharpen and compare our hunting knives in the school cafeteria during lunch. At 16 years of age we had keggers on the week ends and the police just wanted to make sure the garbage would be picked up. Then the progressives tell us that gun's are the problem and not the progressive re-engineering that has screwed everything up. I wish everyone could have seen what freedom was really like to live in. This is defiantly not a free society. This sh@# really pisses me off.

Comment

• Deer Hunter

We use to bring our rifles and shot guns to grade school and leave them in the principles office till after school to go hunting. In high school we would sharpen and compare our hunting knives in the school cafeteria during lunch. At 16 years of age we had keggers on the week ends and the police just wanted to make sure the garbage would be picked up. Then the progressives tell us that gun's are the problem and not the progressive re-engineering that has screwed everything up. I wish everyone could have seen what freedom was really like to live in. This is defiantly not a free society. This sh@# really pisses me off.[/QUOTE]

Ive come to the conclusion (as have you from the sound of your post) that the world we knew as children is gone and I also agree that it pisses me off as well!

Comment

• montana
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2011

Deer hunter I bet we could chew the fat about a lot of things that have gone wrong in this country and it is nice to know there is like minded men. I feel sorry for the younger people, especially my kid's that have no idea what a great country this was and how true freedom felt. I don't want to sound negative and the fight sure as hell isn't over but the zombie like mind set or fear is taking over. A lot of young people only have other repressive governments to compare to the freedom we have in this country and that unfortunately isn't what I compare freedom to. I have been fortunate to live in Montana where I truly grew up free. I was expected to make it or fail on my own accord with outcry baby excuses. Now I guess were all victims and need to be taken care of like zoo animals by our authoritarian educated elite. It makes me want to puke. I need to go for a hike in the mountains for awhile.

Comment

• Deer Hunter

No doubt. Im from FL originally but ive lived Ga last 20 years. In the South you do have some degradation of communities and morals as well but we Southernors are a proud people. Most of us dont want the Govt (local, state or federal) messing with us. We are not the dumb rednecks that Obama, Bob Beckel and Pick your , choice of talking heads at MSNBC think. I
          played football back when they kept score and we were taught to be winners, i was a power lifter, played baseball and threw the shot put and discus. I was taught to love my country and I did (do). I to kept my shotgun in the back of my Subaru Brat which I took huntimg every week after school and practice of course. We carried Buck knives as long as my arm and we played mumbley peg at recess. All these things we did and the worst thing that ever happened was a bloody nose or a fat lip.
          I may have aLibertarian view on a couple of things but im a strict Constitutionalist when it comes to my rights. The 2nd Ammenment is there so you you can the rest of them. It not negotiable.

Comment

• Deer Hunter

No doubt. Im from FL originally but ive lived Ga last 20 years. In the South you do have some degradation of communities and morals as well but we Southernors are a proud people. Most of us dont want the Govt (local, state or federal) messing with us. We are not the dumb rednecks that Obama, Bob Beckel and Pick your , choice of talking heads at MSNBC think. I
            played football back when they kept score and we were taught to be winners, i was a power lifter, played baseball and threw the shot put and discus. I was taught to love my country and I did (do). I to kept my shotgun in the back of my Subaru Brat which I took huntimg every week after school and practice of course. We carried Buck knives as long as my arm and we played mumbley peg at recess. All these things we did and the worst thing that ever happened was a bloody nose or a fat lip
            I may have aLibertarian view on a couple of things but im a strict Constitutionalist when it comes to my rights. The 2nd Ammenment is there so you keep the rest of them. It not
            negotiable.

Comment

• Deer Hunter

played football back when they kept score and we were taught to be winners, i was a power lifter, played baseball and threw the shot put and discus. I was taught to love my country and I did (do). I to kept my shotgun in the back of my Subaru Brat which I took huntimg every week after school and practice of courhse. We carried Buck knives as long as my arm and we played mumbley peg at recess. All these things we did and the worst thing that ever happened was a bloody nose or a fat lip
              I may have aLibertarian view on a couple of things but im a strict Constitutionalist when it comes to my rights. The 2nd Ammenment is there so you keep the rest of them. Its not
              negotiable.

Comment

• Grendel-Gene

This is the government that our founding fathers warned us about!!! Of that there is no doubt! But i don't think that even they could have foreseen the degree to which modern liberalism has eroded our foundations to the core.... We would be as unrecognizable to them as aliens from another planet.

Comment

• Grendel-Gene

Originally posted by michaelmew View Post
                  Yeah, I got all that part. I was wondering what would happen if the storage place was broken into and the guns stolen or damaged in fire or whatever else may happen. Insurance would *compensate* you for the loss, but that is not the same as having them back in your hand. I guess you could use a trigger lock or put them in a sealed contained or whatever. Again, I like the concept but I can't come up with logistics to make it work. Nonetheless, I think we are discussing a moot point anyways. And, as far as moot points go, I think I'll jump back over to the PVC burial thread .

-mm
                  Michael, You know, if it was EASY, someone else would have done it already!!! ha ha ha !!!

I mean, Do I have to come up with all the solutions???? I plant a seed and all you do is piss on it!!!! ha ha ha !!! Where is our American "can do" spirit that put a man on the moon??? ha ha ha !!!

But seriously, I live just west of Weatherford. I am sure a secure facility could be located somewhere in Parker County... ( not in the DFW Ghettoplex, please!!!! ).

And it could even be a "decoy location" where the guns are received and processed out to a secure hidden location. You cant break into it if you cant find it!!!!

There is a way to make this work ( i am sure ) ... but one of us would have to be an FFL...

Comment

• montana
                    Chieftain
                    • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Deer Hunter View Post
                    played football back when they kept score and we were taught to be winners, i was a power lifter, played baseball and threw the shot put and discus. I was taught to love my country and I did (do). I to kept my shotgun in the back of my Subaru Brat which I took huntimg every week after school and practice of courhse. We carried Buck knives as long as my arm and we played mumbley peg at recess. All these things we did and the worst thing that ever happened was a bloody nose or a fat lip
                    I may have aLibertarian view on a couple of things but im a strict Constitutionalist when it comes to my rights. The 2nd Ammenment is there so you keep the rest of them. Its not
                    negotiable.
                    We have a lot in common,I was a power lifter and played all sports. We played mumbley peg but we threw at the opponents foot. For the record Montana was populated with rebels after the civil war before we became a state. You would feel at home here in most parts of Montana but it is changing fast.

Comment

• Deer Hunter

I imagine that alot of us have alot in common here which is why we have a common bond for guns and hunting. I bet that you have very good hunting habitat for antelope,deer etc....who knows maybe one day i'll get the chance to look you up if the sh*t dont hit the fan. I know it sounds like im hung up on just the gun thing but our economy is in the tank now. We're heading down the same road as Greece, Spain, Italy etc......we're in trouble and thats why theyre trying to take our guns it has absolutely nothing to do with Newton. If you look at film footage with Greece and see people throwing petro bombs thats bad. But imagine the chaos here in America, we might throw petro bombs to but it'll mostly be lead flying and they know this. Whats even worse is that its their fault!

Comment

• Grendel-Gene

Its not about the guns, its about control!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X