• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BjornF16
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2011

New Congress gun related bills

Here is a summary of the bills submitted on opening day of 113th Congress (text not yet available) in the House of Representatives:

1. H.R.21 : To provide for greater safety in the use of firearms. (sponsored by Rep Moran-VA)

2. H.R.34 : To provide for the implementation of a system of licensing for purchasers of certain firearms and for a record of sale system for those firearms, and for other purposes. (sponsored by Rep. Bobby Rush - IL)

3. H.R.35 : To restore safety to America's schools. (sponsored by Rep Steve Stockman - TX)

4. H.R.65 : To prevent children's access to firearms. (sponsored by Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee - TX)

5. H.R.72 : To provide for emergency deployments of United States Border Patrol agents and to increase the number of DEA and ATF agents along the international border of the United States to increase resources to identify and eliminate illicit sources of firearms into Mexico for use by violent drug trafficking organizations and for other lawful activities, and for other purposes. (sponsored by Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee - TX)

6. H.R.117 : To provide for the mandatory licensing and registration of handguns. (sponsored by Rep. Rush Holt - NJ)

7. H.R.133 : To repeal the Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1990 and amendments to that Act. (sponsored by Rep. Thomas Massey - KY)

8. H.R.137 : To ensure that all individuals who should be prohibited from buying a firearm are listed in the national instant criminal background check system and require a background check for every firearm sale. (sponsored by Rep Carolyn McCarthy - NY)

9. H.R.138 : To prohibit the transfer or possession of large capacity ammunition feeding devices, and for other purposes. (sponsored by Rep. Carolyn McCarthy - NY)

10. H.R.141 : To require criminal background checks on all firearms transactions occurring at gun shows. (sponsored by Rep. Carolyn McCarthy - NY)

11. H.R.142 : To require face to face purchases of ammunition, to require licensing of ammunition dealers, and to require reporting regarding bulk purchases of ammunition. (sponsored by Rep. Carolyn McCarthy - NY)

These can be found at: http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquer...ouse+Judiciary)
    Last edited by BjornF16; 01-04-2013, 02:38 PM.
    LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
    Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!
  • hellcat370

I like H.R. 133! Schools aren't gun free anyway, why act like they are!

Comment

HR 142 is a bit scary. If I want to buy x number of rounds I need to be reported? So a brick of 525 .22's puts me on a watch list?

Comment

Originally posted by bdevr View Post
        HR 142 is a bit scary.
        Most of them are.

Comment

• Deer Hunter

No law supercedes the constitution. Any law officer or military personel who approaches and or breaks into our homes to take our guns which are a legally guaranteed god given right is a lawbreaking intruder that needs to be shot, period!

Comment

• Deer Hunter

I would add one more thing to our soldiers and cops, look back to how well the German soldiers after WW II were treated after claiming "Well I was just following orders."

Comment

Originally posted by Deer Hunter View Post
              I would add one more thing to our soldiers and cops, look back to how well the German soldiers after WW II were treated after claiming "Well I was just following orders."
              That only works when you win.

Comment

• Deer Hunter

The winners do re write history.

Comment

• MrDraco
                  Warrior
                  • Jul 2011

Originally posted by BjornF16 View Post
                  Here is a summary of the bills submitted on opening day of 113th Congress (text not yet available) in the House of Representatives:

1. H.R.21 : To provide for greater safety in the use of firearms. (sponsored by Rep Moran-VA)

2. H.R.34 : To provide for the implementation of a system of licensing for purchasers of certain firearms and for a record of sale system for those firearms, and for other purposes. (sponsored by Rep. Bobby Rush - IL)

3. H.R.35 : To restore safety to America's schools. (sponsored by Rep Steve Stockman - TX)

4. H.R.65 : To prevent children's access to firearms. (sponsored by Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee - TX)

5. H.R.72 : To provide for emergency deployments of United States Border Patrol agents and to increase the number of DEA and ATF agents along the international border of the United States to increase resources to identify and eliminate illicit sources of firearms into Mexico for use by violent drug trafficking organizations and for other lawful activities, and for other purposes. (sponsored by Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee - TX)

6. H.R.117 : To provide for the mandatory licensing and registration of handguns. (sponsored by Rep. Rush Holt - NJ)

7. H.R.133 : To repeal the Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1990 and amendments to that Act. (sponsored by Rep. Thomas Massey - KY)

8. H.R.137 : To ensure that all individuals who should be prohibited from buying a firearm are listed in the national instant criminal background check system and require a background check for every firearm sale. (sponsored by Rep Carolyn McCarthy - NY)

9. H.R.138 : To prohibit the transfer or possession of large capacity ammunition feeding devices, and for other purposes. (sponsored by Rep. Carolyn McCarthy - NY)

10. H.R.141 : To require criminal background checks on all firearms transactions occurring at gun shows. (sponsored by Rep. Carolyn McCarthy - NY)

11. H.R.142 : To require face to face purchases of ammunition, to require licensing of ammunition dealers, and to require reporting regarding bulk purchases of ammunition. (sponsored by Rep. Carolyn McCarthy - NY)

These can be found at: http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquer...ouse+Judiciary)
                  Based on these summaries alone here is what I think will happen.

- 21, 35, 65, 72, 133 and 137 I can see passing

- 34, and 117 I don't see passing because of the sheer cost and man power needed to suddenly register a huge amount of guns that they call for. Plus it wouldn't be effective unless they make it illegal to sale used guns unless your a FFL.

- 138 and 142 I don't see passing either. They've been tried before with no avail.

- 141 is just stupid and I don't see it passing. In order to buy a gun at a gun show you must either have a CCL or a purchase permit as I've never found a vendor that will sale a gun with out one. In order to get a CCL or a permit you have to have a background check done before they will issue you one.

Comment

• Deer Hunter

Originally posted by MrDraco View Post
                    Based on these summaries alone here is what I think will happen.

- 21, 35, 65, 72, 133 and 137 I can see passing

- 34, and 117 I don't see passing because of the sheer cost and man power needed to suddenly register a huge amount of guns that they call for. Plus it wouldn't be effective unless they make it illegal to sale used guns unless your a FFL.

- 138 and 142 I don't see passing either. They've been tried before with no avail.

- 141 is just stupid and I don't see it passing. In order to buy a gun at a gun show you must either have a CCL or a purchase permit as I've never found a vendor that will sale a gun with out one. In order to get a CCL or a permit you have to have a background check done before they will issue you one.

You're quite the optimist, I hope that your optimism is warranted. Lets pray you are right before this thing spins out of control.

Comment

• vanguard138

The devil is in the details. Remember they have to "pass the bill to see what is in it".

Comment

• BjornF16
                        Chieftain
                        • Jun 2011

News story on the House bills: http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...ls-gun-control
                        LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
                        Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

Working...
                        X