• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BjornF16
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2011

Fort Worth gun show madness

There's a gun show in Fort Worth this weekend. I had friends attend and try to attend.

Traffic was horrific. Backed up a mile all the way to I-30. Lines to get inside were running >45 minutes.

PMAG prices were > $60...basic ARs going for $2k.

Many of the vendors were behaving in unscrupulous manner: Twice, my friend agreed to buy something at the tagged price, only to have vendor price check and jack up the price. He passed on both occurrences.

The report was anything high capacity magazine or semi-automatic was going for 150% of MSRP.

A S&W Shield 9mm purchased Friday am at Academy for $399 was going for $600 today at the gun show.

Crazy!
    LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
    Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!
  • Michael
    Warrior
    • Jan 2012

And that is why I didn't even try to go to the gun show in Salem VA, nor will I go to the one in two weeks in Roanoke. This was the same kind of insanity s back in ‘93/’94 right before the assault weapons ban went into effect….I remember venders asking $30 for used 30rd AR/M16 mags at the gun show in Raleigh NC in the late fall of ‘93.
    Venders are there to make money...they are in business, that is their job… but I have found most of them are going to rip off customers if the get half a chance. There may be a couple that aren’t, but they are the minority. I’ll stick with mail order from reputable companies or businesses that have a building.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.
    - Voltaire

Comment

• Taylormade

The only good deals at gun shows are from private deals anyway, most tables want retail and I never pay retail for anything especially when you can save the price of sails tax via ordering online.

Comment

• Glockzilla

I pretty much quit going to shows a while ago when they jacked up the entrance fee. There are very few good deals anyway, even if you do your homework first and know the market well.
        I go the the Big Town in Mesquite or Dallas Market Hall now and then, primarily to meet gun buddies rather than buyin stuff.

Comment

yeah, it's sad to see our Georgia Outdoor News Marketplace website full of $2000 plus ARs and $45-$60 pmags. You want to think of your fellow sportsmen as better than this but I guess human nature is what it is. Time to hold your friends close.

Alex

Comment

Working...
          X