• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • montana
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2011

Pro Gun actions to turn the tide

JASmith came up with the exceptional idea to mandate firearm instruction as a class requirement for high school graduation. The required classes in Mt school systems are set by the Mt. Office of Public Education. The M.O.P.E. is run by the elected position of the Superintendent of Public Instruction. Required core classes in Montana are Science, History, Math, English and Health. The other classes are deemed electives. Drug abuse, Sex Ed, Online safety, etc, fall under the core class of Health. Firearm instruction and safety could be taught under the core class of health. This would be much more beneficial than some of the sex ed classes my daughter was taught in 6th grade with such topics as B___ plugs. Our pro gun organization The Mt. Shooting Sports Association, http://www.mtssa.org/ is the best place for me to bring up this strategy . It sounds cliche, but people need to get involved. Back in the early 1990's I got my sons 7th grade history books changed when I read the publishers version of the Bill of Rights. I personally new many of the teachers and school board members, which went a long way in getting it done. There were other parents I knew through little league, basket ball, etc, "that I shared this information with" who were also very upset about the revision of our Bill of Rights. Take time to read your children's history books and pay special attention to what is going on in their classes. We had a leftist librarian, "who scolded my son in grade school" for bringing to the library a book on small arms of the world and military tanks and fighting vehicles. After he came home and told me about this, "I gave my son a note which stated he had my permission" and if there was a problem to call me with my phone number. The next day the librarian scolded my son again, "when she saw him reading the same books" she demanded he take home the day before. He calmly gave her the note, "which she read with a disgusted look" and stated she still didn't think it was appropriate and walked away. My son smiled and shared the books with all of his friends. We are at a cross roads today with the leftist who wish to transform our nation. Even the slightest victory is progress. I know we are all busy with our lives, but don't be quiet or indifferent when you see wrongs happening with our 2ndA. Speak up and bring friends. Let the opposition know there is an opposing side to the propaganda and unconstitutional laws they are peddling. It is your families future at stake.
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

My highshool use to do this through the agricultural class. But ofcourse a snowflakes mommy fryed about it and they stopped it.

This was in the 90's.

I think it's a great idea myself.

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

One of the most vile institutions ever cast upon these great United States was the public school system, and forcing any American to do something never sits well with us as a people, no matter how illiterate school has made our society over the past 120 years.

I can't think of a more anti-American system of ideas than the schooling model that we've been subjected to over these past 6 generations for the greater US, and since 1837 in Massachusetts. Horace Mann adopted institutional models that were meant for Prussia at the time, as the Prussians were tired of getting defeated by the French repeatedly. The Prussian schooling system that was devised was intended to help unify the Germanic people of Prussia against the French in order to take advantage of new developments in industry, while also immunizing Prussia from the trend of people's revolutions that had already overthrown the British in the Americas, and the French King and nobility in France. This was a world where empires still ruled the globe, but cracks had formed in the dams of two of the most powerful civilizations known to man, and the Prussian government innovated a way to help hedge their control against such populist risings.

State-directed schools find their roots in the Prussian schools of the early 19th Century. In the 1840s, Horace Mann, then secretary of the Massachusetts Board of Education, traveled to Europe to study the Prussian model of public education. He was seeking a way to change what he deemed the ?unruly? (meaning independent) children into disciplined citizens.

To that end, the Prussian educational system sought to take education out of the hands of family and church with five key goals in mind. It was to create:

1. Obedient workers for the mines.
      2. Obedient soldiers for the army.
      3. Well-subordinated civil servants to government.
      4. Well-subordinated clerks to industry.
      5. Citizens who thought alike about major issues.

The reasoning behind such a system is easy to understand, since independently educated masses could not be always counted on to submit to their government?s objectives. Tyrants like Prussia?s Frederick William I and France?s Napoleon each used this system to build a powerful, controlling state apparatus. Other despots followed in their footsteps.

Educator John Taylor Gatto's book, "The Underground History of American Education," describes how the system came to America:

"A small number of passionate ideological leaders visited Prussia in the first half of the 19th Century, fell in love with the order, obedience, and efficiency of its educational system and campaigned relentlessly thereafter to bring the Prussian vision to our shores. To do that, children would have to be removed from their parents and inappropriate cultural influences."

The next step was to sell the new system to the American public in the name of equality by convincing each respective state to adopt a compulsory government school system to ensure a uniform education for the masses. The primary goals of this system were not intellectual training but rather conditioning the students for obedience, subordination and collective life.

With this bit of historical perspective regarding the origins and stated intentions of public education, it's much easier to understand why a "free education for all children in public schools" was a key plank of Marx's Communist Manifesto.
      If you go down the primary objectives of the Prussian school reform movement, each of them is directly antithetical to the core foundational values that the United States was built upon:

1. Obedient workers for the mines. In the United States of the 1800s, mercantilism, decentralized entrepreneurship, and independent farming were the primary models of industry.

2. Obedient soldiers for the army. The United States did not have a standing Army in the 1800s, but relied on calling them into service when needed as with the War of 1812 and the Civil War. Interestingly, the US Army War College and West Point were heavily influenced by the Prussian Military Academy, especially after the Franco-Prussian War of 1870-1871, where Germany was unified against the French and wrecked the French Army for sport, leveled Paris, and occupied most of Northeastern France after defeating them in a period of a few months over that winter.

3. Well-subordinated civil servants to government. The United States was not founded on vast bureaucracies interfering with the means and modes of commerce. Along with the adoption of public schooling, this changed horribly to our detriment in the 1900s.

4. Well-subordinated clerks to industry. The US didn't have an integrated clerical network driven by a centralized military-industrial-economic capital city like the regions of Europe from which we came. Instead, we had independent States with a very limited Federal government with few, specific enumerated powers focused primarily on defense and a more perfect union, where States were basically left to their own to run their business as they saw fit, as long as they did not violate certain basic rights as called-out in the Bill of Rights. These rights were seen as natural and inherent to human beings, not something a government could impose on, which was a radical departure from legal frameworks throughout time.

5. Citizens who thought alike about major issues. This is the most offensive to any American, where even among the Founders, a great deal of gentlemanly and heated disagreement existed on pretty much every subject other than the fact that England was not respecting them as they would have been if they were living in England. They disagreed on religion, Federalism vs Anti-Federalism, States rights, the status of slaves, central banking vs State banks, standing armies, societal factions that led to civil wars, political parties, inoculations, trade, tariffs....

It may have made sense for the Prussians to use schooling as a means of unifying the populace under the control of their kingdom, but it's clear this is about as opposite an institutional approach as you can imagine for the United States.

What Horace Mann was able to accomplish in Massachusetts, John Dewey and other school reformers was able to spread to the United States. If you read John Dewey's treatises on what school should be, you might be shocked to learn that he didn't want school to be a place where children learn skills and classical curriculum, but where the new social order is trained into them by teachers, who are "social servants ushering in the true kingdom of God". He was an atheist quasi-psychoanalyst philosopher more than anything, and very instrumental in the lives we have all lived since that time, even to the founding of Manu universities and influencing the APA standards you use when sourcing and citing references in your college-level papers.

My Pedagogic Creed - John Dewey
      I believe that we violate the child's nature and render difficult the best ethical results, by introducing the child too abruptly to a number of special studies, of reading, writing, geography, etc., out of relation to this social life.

I believe, therefore, that the true centre of correlation of the school subjects is not science, nor literature, nor history, nor geography, but the child's own social activities.

I believe that the art of thus giving shape to human powers and adapting them to social service, is the supreme art; one calling into its service the best of artists; that no insight, sympathy, tact, executive power is too great for such service.

I believe that with the growth of psychological science, giving added insight into individual structure and laws of growth; and with growth of social science, adding to our knowledge of the right organization of individuals, all scientific resources can be utilized for the purposes of education.

I believe that when science and art thus join hands the most commanding motive for human action will be reached; the most genuine springs of human conduct aroused and the best service that human nature is capable of guaranteed.

I believe, finally, that the teacher is engaged, not simply in the training of individuals, but in the formation of the proper social life.

I believe that every teacher should realize the dignity of his calling; that he is a social servant set apart for the maintenance of proper social order and the securing of the right social growth.

I believe that in this way the teacher always is the prophet of the true God and the usherer in of the true kingdom of God.
      Last edited by LRRPF52; 02-10-2020, 05:27 PM.
      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• LRRPF52
        Super Moderator
        • Sep 2014

When I read and study John Dewey's life and his thoughts, they are the ramblings of a psycho-babbling philosopher who struggles with sentence structure and coherent thought, while hiding his true feelings and agenda of atheism and service to whomever his "god" really is. He was a unitarian atheist trying to harmonize difference sects of atheism, Darwinian replacement theory for common religious agreement on the origins of man, while still using references to "God" and religion as a means of hopefully moving into a future where people would look at the beliefs of their ancestors as antiquated and irrelevant in terms of science, but still relevant as studies in anthropology.

Few people can claim a greater influence on American culture than the philosopher John Dewey (1859–1952). In the course of a long career, Dewey practically reinvented the American system of education from the bottom up.

Dewey was also a key figure in the rebirth of modern humanism. But his approach was controversial, even among humanists — partly because he wanted to keep using the word God, even though he didn’t believe such a being existed.

For some atheists and humanists, such reminders of religion bring up too many bad memories or resentments. Others don’t want to be assumed to be religious, an assumption that makes them disappear into the mainstream and reinforces the idea that atheists are rare.
        For these reasons, anytime I see something recommending mandatory training or instruction of whatever the pet subject is at the time to be executed in the repulsive existence of public school, I am doubly-opposed to it with the same fervor that I am for protecting my right to keep and bear arms. I wouldn't blame a pacifist for feeling the same revulsion to the concept of their kids being forced to partake in something they don't want, just as I don't allow the State anywhere near my children on a daily basis when it comes to education or schooling.

What we really need is an educational revolution where our existing brick and mortar schools become skills centers with a buffet approach, with qualified instructors who actually know what they are talking about and can demonstrate competency in teaching anyone who wants to participate in the disciplines they have subject matter mastery of.

Since that would require the vast majority of public school teachers to find different lines of work, it faces an uphill battle, especially considering the power that Teacher's Unions wield over their districts and States at the voting booth. The system is a cancer that has only metastasized throughout American culture and politics, to the extent that 6 generations later, we misperceive it to be a bedrock American institution when it is nothing of the sort.

The problem is, we can't continue to innovate and progress into the 21st Century unless we totally overhaul this abhorrent institution that blemishes the face of our land from sea to shining sea.

My personal solution is to provide a true education to my children at home, which includes familiarity and discipline with arms and measured self-defense. I say "good luck" to you who think you will find favor with the monstrously-illiterate and uneducated "teachers" or administrators in your local districts trying to get firearms instruction anywhere near their precious "new social order" classrooms. There are a handful of high schools with shooting teams still out there, and some areas have actually been increasing their shooting team and shooting discipline participation, so it is a worthwhile cause if you can pull it off.

High School Shooting Team Participation Spiking
        Last edited by LRRPF52; 02-10-2020, 05:30 PM.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• montana
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2011

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
          When I read and study John Dewey's life and his thoughts, they are the ramblings of a psycho-babbling philosopher who struggles with sentence structure and coherent thought, while hiding his true feelings and agenda of atheism and service to whomever his "god" really is. He was a unitarian atheist trying to harmonize difference sects of atheism, Darwinian replacement theory for common religious agreement on the origins of man, while still using references to "God" and religion as a means of hopefully moving into a future where people would look at the beliefs of their ancestors as antiquated and irrelevant in terms of science, but still relevant as studies in anthropology.

For these reasons, anytime I see something recommending mandatory training or instruction of whatever the pet subject is at the time to be executed in the repulsive existence of public school, I am doubly-opposed to it with the same fervor that I am for protecting my right to keep and bear arms. I wouldn't blame a pacifist for feeling the same revulsion to the concept of their kids being forced to partake in something they don't want, just as I don't allow the State anywhere near my children on a daily basis when it comes to education or schooling.

What we really need is an educational revolution where our existing brick and mortar schools become skills centers with a buffet approach, with qualified instructors who actually know what they are talking about and can demonstrate competency in teaching anyone who wants to participate in the disciplines they have subject matter mastery of.

Since that would require the vast majority of public school teachers to find different lines of work, it faces an uphill battle, especially considering the power that Teacher's Unions wield over their districts and States at the voting booth. The system is a cancer that has only metastasized throughout American culture and politics, to the extent that 6 generations later, we misperceive it to be a bedrock American institution when it is nothing of the sort.

The problem is, we can't continue to innovate and progress into the 21st Century unless we totally overhaul this abhorrent institution that blemishes the face of our land from sea to shining sea.

My personal solution is to provide a true education to my children at home, which includes familiarity and discipline with arms and measured self-defense. I say "good luck" to you who think you will find favor with the monstrously-illiterate and uneducated "teachers" or administrators in your local districts trying to get firearms instruction anywhere near their precious "new social order" classrooms. There are a handful of high schools with shooting teams still out there, and some areas have actually been increasing their shooting team and shooting discipline participation, so it is a worthwhile cause if you can pull it off.

High School Shooting Team Participation Spiking
          That is a great synopsis, one I understand and agree with. That said, we live in a time where elements in the government, academia, sports, social groups and media purposely confuse male and female gender, support for late term abortion, resulting in a baby being left to die, "comfortably" on a cold table. A new bill being pushed by radical communist in government, "which forces the tax payer to pay the transport cost of formerly deported illegal convicted felons back to the US" to be given citizenship, payed housing, food, medical etc. Home schooling is great and one I support 100%. A couple of my good friends did this. I chose to teach my kids to blend in, survive and understand the environment they have to exist in. They have excelled beautifully behind enemy lines, "and were never once drawn to the insanity they were exposed to" keeping the values they were taught. The mind is a computer that will only process what is programmed into it. If left to the system to program young kids, "with out any alternative input" society will collapse and the inevitable will occur. I don't necessarily blame the young people today, "supporting socialism, gun control, unlimited genders, white guilt, predator and environmental worship, etc". I do blame the parents and grandparents, "who failed in their jobs of parenting" by letting the system raise them no matter how insane it became. Without people in the system pushing back, then failure is a forgone conclusion.

Comment

• LRRPF52
            Super Moderator
            • Sep 2014

The first lesson you learn going to school away from home is an unspoken one, but the most powerful concept that underlies the whole shebang.

That is that the family unit is not valid as an instructional element, and must submit its children to the State, and thereby create the first devastating psychological shock to the child from as early of an age as humanly possible so that childhood abandonment is a daily ritual, and children learn sometimes from infancy even that their relationship with parents and family is secondary to the State.

I think this plays into the school shootings more than people are talking about, because in almost every case of the lone shooter who is seeking revenge or justice, they are lashing out at the place and people that hurt them the most. A child is dumped off or bused to these horrendous centers of physical conditioning to subservience, while being mentally bombarded with anti-American ideas concocted by men who should have been irrelevant in their day, but managed to create a monster that continues to do us more of a disservice than any other institution this Nation has known.

The sense of abandonment and family separation is dealt with using various coping mechanisms by the children as they grow up, who are considered "healthy" when they are all really victims of this unnatural lifetime behavior of the daily industrial, ritualistic severing of family ties to go far from the home and to be conditioned for the "new social order" as Dewey likes to describe it, not to learn classical curriculum or life lessons in independence, but to model the society in the classroom by Darwinian and Marxist ideals of collectivism.

Then people wonder why their kids have confusion about their gender, what bathroom to use, their own sexuality and nature, marriage, hate America because of all the issues and disagreements the Founders had, they only point out Slavery as some kind of blanket instruction in American history, then move on to extolling the virtues of socialist nations who heavily restrict firearms ownership and whose parliamentarians have to travel to the US to get competent and timely healthcare in many cases.

And we pay for this with our property taxes and Federal taxes to finance these institutions that have zero mention in the Constitution, zero mention of any enumerated powers of government to get involved in what is really a family matter, namely education. Many States have written into their constitutions mandates to provide education to all children within their borders, but they have no business getting into that role the way they have in my opinion.

The whole thing was often passed off initially as a way to take care of kids who don't have parents or were too poor to get an education, even in a Nation with the Ben Franklin voluntary library check-out system that was formed before the Revolution, making Americans more literate than their cousins in Europe in that era.

With access to information today, the proponents of the classroom model of instruction have an uphill battle with their argument, and every company and organization that is truly forward-thinking has moved away from that ineffective method of information transfer long ago. Yet practically every student in America going through their early years of schooling is sitting in a classroom every day, forced to be there whether they are interested in the subject or not. What an absolute terrible idea this is in 2020, let alone 1837 or 1897.

My mom was a school teacher for 25 years, so I got to see the teacher perspective, as well as student. Teachers have their own set of problems, the biggest one I finally came to realize is that they thought they were hired to help teach children academic skills for life. Administrators have been trying to help them submit to their true roles as social servants ushering in the "true kingdom of God/new social order" according Dewey, but some of those pesky teachers won't submit and still keep trying to teach the kids because a few of them are still good at capturing the attention of the students. Most of them are just riding the system until retirement and are not principled other than to collect their check and pay their union dues, do what they're told, and don't rock the boat.

If we can keep gaining ground with extracurricular shooting sports activities, that's great, but the fundamental principles that public school is built on are disastrous for what was supposed to be a free society.
            Last edited by LRRPF52; 02-10-2020, 09:51 PM.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• montana
              Chieftain
              • Jun 2011

The first lesson you learn going to school away from home is an unspoken one, but the most powerful concept that underlies the whole shebang.

That is that the family unit is not valid as an instructional element, and must submit its children to the State, and thereby create the first devastating psychological shock to the child from as early of an age as humanly possible so that childhood abandonment is a daily ritual, and children learn sometimes from infancy even that their relationship with parents and family is secondary to the State.

I think this plays into the school shootings more than people are talking about, because in almost every case of the lone shooter who is seeking revenge or justice, they are lashing out at the place and people that hurt them the most. A child is dumped off or bused to these horrendous centers of physical conditioning to subservience, while being mentally bombarded with anti-American ideas concocted by men who should have been irrelevant in their day, but managed to create a monster that continues to do us more of a disservice than any other institution this Nation has known.

The sense of abandonment and family separation is dealt with using various coping mechanisms by the children as they grow up, who are considered "healthy" when they are all really victims of this unnatural lifetime behavior of the daily industrial, ritualistic severing of family ties to go far from the home and to be conditioned for the "new social order" as Dewey likes to describe it, not to learn classical curriculum or life lessons in independence, but to model the society in the classroom by Darwinian and Marxist ideals of collectivism.

Then people wonder why their kids have confusion about their gender, what bathroom to use, their own sexuality and nature, marriage, hate America because of all the issues and disagreements the Founders had, they only point out Slavery as some kind of blanket instruction in American history, then move on to extolling the virtues of socialist nations who heavily restrict firearms ownership and whose parliamentarians have to travel to the US to get competent and timely healthcare in many cases.

And we pay for this with our property taxes and Federal taxes to finance these institutions that have zero mention in the Constitution, zero mention of any enumerated powers of government to get involved in what is really a family matter, namely education. Many States have written into their constitutions mandates to provide education to all children within their borders, but they have no business getting into that role the way they have in my opinion.

The whole thing was often passed off initially as a way to take care of kids who don't have parents or were too poor to get an education, even in a Nation with the Ben Franklin voluntary library check-out system that was formed before the Revolution, making Americans more literate than their cousins in Europe in that era.

With access to information today, the proponents of the classroom model of instruction have an uphill battle with their argument, and every company and organization that is truly forward-thinking has moved away from that ineffective method of information transfer long ago. Yet practically every student in America going through their early years of schooling is sitting in a classroom every day, forced to be there whether they are interested in the subject or not. What an absolute terrible idea this is in 2020, let alone 1837 or 1897.

My mom was a school teacher for 25 years, so I got to see the teacher perspective, as well as student. Teachers have their own set of problems, the biggest one I finally came to realize is that they thought they were hired to help teach children academic skills for life. Administrators have been trying to help them submit to their true roles as social servants ushering in the "true kingdom of God/new social order" according Dewey, but some of those pesky teachers won't submit and still keep trying to teach the kids because a few of them are still good at capturing the attention of the students. Most of them are just riding the system until retirement and are not principled other than to collect their check and pay their union dues, do what they're told, and don't rock the boat.

If we can keep gaining ground with extracurricular shooting sports activities, that's great, but the fundamental principles that public school is built on are disastrous for what was supposed to be a free society.
              Yes, I know all too well since my wife has been a teacher in the school system for the past 30 years. There are other good teachers in the system, but they are a small minority. In the end, we as parents do what we think is best and try to raise our kids so they are thinking, responsible adults. It is always an uphill battle and getting steeper with the insanity growing every day. That said, the parents themselves have to be intelligent enough to keep the programming at bay. Thank's for your insight and input, it is always very informative and appreciated. There are signs of people waking up to their rights and exercising them.https://tribunist.com/news/two-veter...D_TVfSxX4NX140
              Last edited by montana; 02-10-2020, 11:37 PM.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                Super Moderator
                • Sep 2014

I just attended the funeral of an 18D friend of mine who dedicated his life to helping other people.

He was a high school science and biology teacher that the kids all knew they could go to if they had troubles or just needed someone to talk to.

He was the school's 911 for many things, including stitching kids up, establishing a coherent and sensible emergency response system with the SRO, and handling suicide attempts at the school.

If you knew him, he was just this big, jovial personality with a big, reassuring voice that rarely took himself seriously, but he loved his kids.

Well over 800 people showed up to the funeral. He died suddenly from heart failure at a relatively young age (50s).

He was forced to leave the profession he really loved because someone in the school district called his closeness with the kids into question, most likely out of jealousy.

Hundreds of kids that he helped were at the funeral, along with hundreds of 19th SF Group and members of the community.

I think that the heart is vulnerable to injuries in more ways than medical doctors can explain, and I know he was heart-broken about being treated this way after giving so much of himself in the service of others.

When I worked with him, it was in a voluntary capacity providing medical coverage for a Sniper event out of State. He had done several of these and was a great pillar of knowledge and help to have around, loved by those who knew him and interacted with him.

We had a neighbor that was a lot like this in my last neighborhood who just loved his students and loved to teach them art. He was also forced to retire because they kept on telling him how to change the way he did his job after decades of doing it exceptionally well. The hall monitors were constantly demanding that he be on some page of a certain new book, rather than use his knowledge and skills to instruct and guide the way he was exceptional at when working with kids. He died early as well a few years ago.

My mom shared similar stories with me dating back to the 1980s where the hall monitors were making their rounds to keep teachers on the same sheet.

What a retarded abortion that continues to curse our society with illiteracy and ignorance, especially a society filled with such vast access to libraries and online information while not having to worry about incoming artillery fire or heavy-handed governments censoring everything, cracking down with tanks on protestors, and the things we see abroad.

We can do so much better than this. We're Americans, not little robots that can only execute a few commands dictated from some other robot.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• montana
                  Chieftain
                  • Jun 2011

I just attended the funeral of an 18D friend of mine who dedicated his life to helping other people.

He was a high school science and biology teacher that the kids all knew they could go to if they had troubles or just needed someone to talk to.

He was the school's 911 for many things, including stitching kids up, establishing a coherent and sensible emergency response system with the SRO, and handling suicide attempts at the school.

If you knew him, he was just this big, jovial personality with a big, reassuring voice that rarely took himself seriously, but he loved his kids.

Well over 800 people showed up to the funeral. He died suddenly from heart failure at a relatively young age (50s).

He was forced to leave the profession he really loved because someone in the school district called his closeness with the kids into question, most likely out of jealousy.

Hundreds of kids that he helped were at the funeral, along with hundreds of 19th SF Group and members of the community.

I think that the heart is vulnerable to injuries in more ways than medical doctors can explain, and I know he was heart-broken about being treated this way after giving so much of himself in the service of others.

When I worked with him, it was in a voluntary capacity providing medical coverage for a Sniper event out of State. He had done several of these and was a great pillar of knowledge and help to have around, loved by those who knew him and interacted with him.

We had a neighbor that was a lot like this in my last neighborhood who just loved his students and loved to teach them art. He was also forced to retire because they kept on telling him how to change the way he did his job after decades of doing it exceptionally well. The hall monitors were constantly demanding that he be on some page of a certain new book, rather than use his knowledge and skills to instruct and guide the way he was exceptional at when working with kids. He died early as well a few years ago.

My mom shared similar stories with me dating back to the 1980s where the hall monitors were making their rounds to keep teachers on the same sheet.

What a retarded abortion that continues to curse our society with illiteracy and ignorance, especially a society filled with such vast access to libraries and online information while not having to worry about incoming artillery fire or heavy-handed governments censoring everything, cracking down with tanks on protestors, and the things we see abroad.

We can do so much better than this. We're Americans, not little robots that can only execute a few commands dictated from some other robot.
                  The 800 people at his funeral was his tribute. I had people like your friend in scouting and grade school growing up in my small community of Bonner. The place I grew up in has completely changed from what it was. Yes, we can do better and I'm starting to see a growing resistance to the insanity. Thank's again for your input.

Comment

• grayfox
                    Chieftain
                    • Jan 2017

The thing that the current school system all too often does today is that, to further a radical socialist ideology, the family unit is something to be feared, subordinated and destroyed. When we had our kids in school (all grown now) my philosophy was that the school was an agent of mine, "hired" so to speak in order to bring into our kids' lives, good people to teach them good and useful knowledge. When a particular school forgot that and tried instead to turn them into little minions I fired that school, withdrew them from there and enrolled them elsewhere. And I was fully prepared to, if necessary, move to a place that had good schools if I could not find them were we were.

In that regard both the current political climate and the (too often) schools systems are aligned to destroy and render useless the family unit. They want the State to take over it all, becasue as you know, the State owns the kids, your means of production, everything about you. In their mind and in their ideological system.

Where am I going with this? It is that, to turn that table as it were, we must take back the school systems, return dignity to the family unit, and restore constitutional rules to the communities.

The problem we have had is that the Libs have a detailed strategy to flood money into elections and buy politicians, key ones, like local DA's, state and local legislators, even school boards. We don't seem to have any such opposing strategy.
                    So.
                    1. take away "foreign" money from a given election. Only people who live in and work in the respective district can donate money to a candidate in that election. Love of money is the root of all evil and politicians today have a lot of that kind of love.
                    2. Aggressively litigate against/prosecute the libs currently in office. You have to pursue them with the laws they are breaking, not simply to win, but to force them to spend their time, money and resources in defending themselves. Like they did when they went after Mike Flynn -- he could not keep up spending-wise so he had to capitulate. We must treat this like the war it is and force them to spend all their resources while cutting off their supplies.
                    3. Take our kids away from their school systems. If that means banding together and educating them "at home" then do so, it is much more possible today than it was even 10 yrs ago. Keep the minds of our kids out of their contaminated hands, rob them of their ability to make further "minions".
                    4. Teach our kids, and anyone else who will listen, the great history of our country and what it stands for, and no it's not perfect but it has a great history of standing for right and has probably freed millions more people from tyranny than any other nation in history. Millions more. Period. So there just might be something worth keeping here, 1A, 2A, and the whole Bill of Rights.
                    "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• LRRPF52
                      Super Moderator
                      • Sep 2014

I think the best pro-freedom/pro-American individual liberty thing we can do to persuade others to the cause of liberty is to be good neighbors.

Instead of getting sucked into this negative "us vs them" vortex of divisiveness and derision, be that person that is known for edging your neighbor's lawn, shovel or blowing the snow from their driveway and walks, making an extra batch of cookies or treats for a new neighbor or ones you haven't really communicated with lately, or letting them know when their garage door was left open past dark hours.

I'm thankful to live in a neighborhood where even if I tried to do all of the above, my neighbors have already done these things (except the garage door - I'm that guy who will let you know.)

I think we've been whipped up into a frenzy with people resorting to scorched earth policies with their friends, family, and neighbors over politicians who will either be gone in a few years, or are permanently camped-out in office and nothing we do will change that. The ones who claim to be on opposite political aisles will slap each other on the backs after lobbing veiled insults at each other in political theater, then go out and golf at an exclusive resort while American families are dis-owning each other and fighting at Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I refuse to participate in that erosion of the America I was raised in and have loved all these years, especially after seeing what it's like outside of our borders all over the world. There are billions of people who would trade places with us in an instant and never look back.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• phishfood
                        Warrior
                        • Jul 2017

Couldn't agree more.

Comment

Working...
                        X