• tull66
    Unwashed
    • Feb 2017

2nd amendment should supersede your shooting and Grendel interests

• stanc
    Banned
    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by tull66 View Post
    I was appalled to find that the 2A forum was shut down...
    I was not appalled, but I am experiencing withdrawal symptoms.

Originally posted by tull66
    I think it is very important for everyone to understand that our rights come from our Creator, God.
    Uh, that's the kind of statement that leads to threads being locked.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2015

Going get popcorn.

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
        Chieftain
        • Sep 2013

Sadly, or maybe thankfully, such faith-based assertions fail to carry much weight in the pragmatic, real world government and legal systems, at least not in ours. Anyone who understands this simple concept can't possible believe that couching the 2nd Amendment in a faith-based argument would trump or resolve all of the difficulties that come from real world and pragmatic applications of rights.

A5BLASTER, be sure to bring some for everyone.
        Kill a hog. Save the planet.
        My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• A5BLASTER
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Double Naught Spy View Post
          Sadly, or maybe thankfully, such faith-based assertions fail to carry much weight in the pragmatic, real world government and legal systems, at least not in ours. Anyone who understands this simple concept can't possible believe that couching the 2nd Amendment in a faith-based argument would trump or resolve all of the difficulties that come from real world and pragmatic applications of rights.

A5BLASTER, be sure to bring some for everyone.
          Hey no problem going get anouther bag now.

Comment

• tull66
            Unwashed
            • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Double Naught Spy View Post
            There is nothing “faith based” about it, neither is it an assertion. The Declaration and Constitution are/we’re both written with the assumption our rights have existed forever before any manifestation of government. This is a simple concept however not all are capable of grasping it. There are no difficulties in the application of rights, only liberals.

Comment

• tull66
              Unwashed
              • Feb 2017

OK, I can now see why the second amendment forum was shut down.

Comment

• JASmith
                Chieftain
                • Sep 2014

tull66, the sad truth is that understanding the faith-based (in particular, Christian) roots underpinning our Constitutuion is necessary but not sufficent to keep the 2A and other Bill of Rights protections viable.

Our faith, however, can be instrumental in helping understand what needs to be done, how to do it, and developing the necessary strength to take the actions needed.

Most important is being the ambassador and teacher to help more people learn about shooting.

That will bring more allies to the front lines of the political fracas.
                shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
                -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
                  Chieftain
                  • Sep 2013

There is nothing “faith based” about it, neither is it an assertion. The Declaration and Constitution are/we’re both written with the assumption our rights have existed forever before any manifestation of government. This is a simple concept however not all are capable of grasping it. There are no difficulties in the application of rights, only liberals.
                  What you are asserting is nothing more than faith-based beliefs. When you default argument to a supernatural deity, you are in fact basing your statements in faith.

It is naive to believe that there are no difficulties in the application of rights. If there were no difficulties, there would have been no need for the Bill of Rights, huh?

Comment

• stanc
                    Banned
                    • Apr 2011

The Declaration and Constitution are/we’re both written with the assumption our rights have existed forever before any manifestation of government.
                    However, regardless of belief in the existence of "God given" rights, it is government that determines and defines what are Constitutional/legal rights.
                    Last edited by stanc; 08-14-2018, 03:47 AM.

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
                      Chieftain
                      • Sep 2013

Originally posted by stanc View Post
                      However, regardless of belief in the existence of "God given" rights, it is government that determines and defines what are Constitutional/legal rights.
                      Right. The concept of the origin is heuristically interesting, but the administration of said rights is the basis of all the contention.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2015

All I want to know is what's the best powder to get my rights going 3000fps out a 16 inch barrel?

And should I use a 4 or 6 port brake over my new magpul bipod?

Have fun gents.

Comment

• JASmith
                          Chieftain
                          • Sep 2014

...and we see how and why the moderators have to spend so blamed much time on 2A-related discussions.
                          shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
                          -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• rwh
                            Warrior
                            • Jun 2014

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
                            All I want to know is what's the best powder to get my rights going 3000fps out a 16 inch barrel?
                            You can get your rights to go 3000 fps out of 16 inch barrel? I feel like I've died and gone to the 300 win mag forum. Tell us more.

Comment

• SHORT-N-SASSY
                              Warrior
                              • Apr 2013

. . . there is only so much to discuss about a single rifle cartridge. . . .
                              I'm working hard to change that ---

Comment

Working...
                              X