• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cory
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2012

I am Spartacus

"Apple, Google, Facebook and Spotify severely restricted the reach of Mr. Jones and Infowars, his right-wing site that has been a leading peddler of false information online." NYTimes

I've never been an Alex Jones fan. I've never paid him much attention to him. Until now...
    I'm now officially an infowars member and here's my first donation....
    Screw you facebook, screw you apple, screw you google, screw you to anyone who would act to silence those you disagree with!
    Oh and this whole thing reminded me, that I have meant to sign up for a CRTV subscription. My annual membership is paid in full! One more screw you!
    If we don't act he will not be the last conservative silenced.
    #IamSparta #IamAlexJones #CRTV #MoneyWheremyMouthIs

Okay so why is this relevant to the Grendel or this site? It's very simple, if we sit back and do nothing when those in power act to censor the dissenting opinion it will get exponentially worse.

This isn't about Alex Jones, this is about everyone of us. If we do not act, within the decade sites like this gun site will be relegated to the dark web and nothing more.
    CRTV.JPGInfoWars.PNG
    Last edited by cory; 08-09-2018, 11:21 PM.
    "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin
  • LR1955
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2011

"It's very simple, if we sit back and do nothing when those in power act to censor the dissenting opinion it will get exponentially worse."

Gobsmacked is all I can say.

No worries guys. Won't lock the thread and surely won't censor a differing opinion and I am sure there are guys here who differ with Alex Jones.

This forum should have its name changed to 'Cage Fight 2A'.

OK -- let the battle begin!

LR55
    Last edited by LR1955; 08-10-2018, 01:03 AM.

Comment

• stanc
      Banned
      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by LR1955 View Post
      "It's very simple, if we sit back and do nothing when those in power act to censor the dissenting opinion it will get exponentially worse."

Gobsmacked is all I can say.
      LOL. He probably doesn't even see the irony in his comment.

Comment

• cory
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2012

Things sure have changed around here.

Comment

• LR1955
          Super Moderator
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by stanc View Post
          Stan:

Gobsmacked. Absolutely.

Really -- no words can express it. At a total loss.

Cory is right that we ought to do something about social media. Am a firm believer that each one of our rights is dependent on the others for strength. The ability to express ones self freely is as important as being able to own a firearm -- no matter what type they are or how they look or what they were originally intended to do. One supports the other and when one is taken away or eroded, so goes the others.

LR55

Comment

• NugginFutz
            Chieftain
            • Aug 2013

If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• stanc
              Banned
              • Apr 2011

Cory is right that we ought to do something about social media. Am a firm believer that each one of our rights is dependent on the others for strength. The ability to express ones self freely is as important as being able to own a firearm -- no matter what type they are or how they look or what they were originally intended to do. One supports the other and when one is taken away or eroded, so goes the others.
              Totally agree, but I don't know what can be done about it. The First Amendment only prohibits Congress from abridging freedom of speech. The reported actions by Google, Facebook, et al, apparently are neither illegal or unconstitutional.

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
                Chieftain
                • Sep 2013

I listened to Jones a couple of times. That dude is a whacko. Sort of reminded me of listening to Rush Linbaugh.

Totally agree, but I don't know what can be done about it. The First Amendment only prohibits Congress from abridging freedom of speech. The reported actions by Google, Facebook, et al, apparently are neither illegal or unconstitutional.
                Right, just like I don't have to let you hold church services in my business and just like the moderators here can edit or remove posts or ban members. These are all private enterprises.

It should not be illegal or unconstitutional for YouTube, Google, my business, this forum, etc. to moderate content on/in things that they own. Ownership has meaning. If it didn't, this forum would end up like Reddit.
                Kill a hog. Save the planet.
                My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• montana
                  Chieftain
                  • Jun 2011

I agree with Stan and DNS. The problem is the left forces private businesses to hire people they may not want to hire, make cakes for people bakeries may not want to make cakes for, punish select types of people for thoughts rather than just their actions, force banks to give loans to certain people while setting higher standards for others, forcing preferential government contracts to be given to some people and not to others, forced college scholarships to select groups of people while declining more qualified people,,etc,etc. This is why civics, Constitutional study and discussion is so important. Picking and choosing freedoms dependent on the popular opinion of the day is wrong and dangerous. Freedom works from all sides and double standards never work. Both sides violate these rules when able. Right is right and wrong is wrong.

Comment

• cory
                    Chieftain
                    • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Double Naught Spy View Post
                    I listened to Jones a couple of times. That dude is a whacko. Sort of reminded me of listening to Rush Linbaugh.

Right, just like I don't have to let you hold church services in my business and just like the moderators here can edit or remove posts or ban members. These are all private enterprises.

It should not be illegal or unconstitutional for YouTube, Google, my business, this forum, etc. to moderate content on/in things that they own. Ownership has meaning. If it didn't, this forum would end up like Reddit.
                    Not just like a private business at all. These corporations are legally protected from responsibility for what others do on their platforms as apolitical minimally moderated platforms.

Picking and choosing what ideas can be presented on their platforms based on politics violates said law.

If you want special protections, you get special regulations.

And if you think Jones and Limbaugh are alike you've never actually listened to either one.

Comment

• LR1955
                      Super Moderator
                      • Mar 2011

Wow!

Finally a 2A thread that isn't heading down the tubes!

Great stuff guys! It is important because if the public reads this thread, they will leave it very much aware that gun owners may disagree but can do so civilly. It shows unity and that is more scary to a leftist than one of us owning a AR-15.

LR55

Comment

• keystone183
                        Warrior
                        • Mar 2013

You guys know AJ is a cia plant, right? We should be thanking googlefacebookapple.......

Comment

• montana
                          Chieftain
                          • Jun 2011

Wow!

It shows unity and that is more scary to a leftist than one of us owning a AR-15.

LR55
                          That is the strategy from every tyrants playbook. Demonize, and dehumanize ones opponent, and all logic and debate disappears. Divide and conquer. Like dim witted sheep, we follow right along. I have been guilty of this, as it is easy to get into the instinct of tribalism and a mind set of superiority. If people can master themselves, then others will never be able to. You hit the nail on the head Gene, good job

Comment

• JASmith
                            Chieftain
                            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by keystone183 View Post
                            You guys know AJ is a cia plant, right? We should be thanking googlefacebookapple.......

This speculation could quickly amd easily lead to a very convoluted conspiracy theory abouqt why the “cia” might have done it.
                            shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
                            -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• keystone183
                              Warrior
                              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by JASmith View Post
                              This speculation could quickly amd easily lead to a very convoluted conspiracy theory abouqt why the “cia” might have done it.
                              There is nothing better than conspiracy theories about conspiracy theories about a conspiracy theorist!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X