• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stanc
    Banned
    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by montana View Post
    OK Stan, I'll bite, "which gun control laws should Canada have passed" that would have prevented such attacks?

Comment

• bj139
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2017

Originally posted by stanc View Post
      I've no idea how hot coffee and step ladders is relevant, but what I said is about personal responsibility.

A while back there was a discussion about a shooting at a restaurant that had a "No Guns" policy, and most people here were adamant that the restaurant was responsible for its customers' safety.

In an era when shootings like that in the OP are known to occur, any ground level restaurant that has ordinary glass windows is gambling with their customers' lives, betting that "it won't happen here."

How is that not irresponsible?
      This is ridiculousness taken to an extreme. When was the last time this restaurant had to replace it's glass due to a shooting and how many times in the past ten years have they had to replace it? If it was many times then maybe you have a point. If so, I would not eat in this shooting gallery.

Comment

• stanc
        Banned
        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by bj139 View Post
        This is ridiculousness taken to an extreme. When was the last time this restaurant had to replace it's glass due to a shooting and how many times in the past ten years have they had to replace it? If it was many times then maybe you have a point. If so, I would not eat in this shooting gallery.
        How can anyone possibly misconstrue so badly what I wrote...

Comment

• bj139
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2017

Originally posted by stanc View Post
          How can anyone possibly misconstrue so badly what I wrote...
          You said the restaurant had to provide absolute safety for it's patrons.
          No such thing is possible.

Comment

• stanc
            Banned
            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by bj139 View Post
            You said the restaurant had to provide absolute safety for it's patrons.
            Where did I say the restaurant had to provide "absolute safety" for its patrons?

Comment

• LR1955
              Super Moderator
              • Mar 2011

Guys:

Stan was being facetious. Its a type of dry humor.

And no, we won't get into an argument over the definition of 'absolute' in terms of safety. Nor will we get into an argument over how safe a business should be in terms of the illegal use of firearms.

Keep this thread on track.

LR55

Comment

Working...
              X