X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JASmith
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2014

One more time, Stan, singling out firearms with the false implication that they are solely reaponsible for the killing is a propaganda ploy.

One seriously unfortunate side effect is that we see very little effort devoted to addressing the human factors leading to the violence.

In other words, we need to better protect the 2nd Amendment by pushing to understand the causes and indicators of murder by ANY INSTRUMENT
    shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
    -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• stanc
      Banned
      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by JASmith View Post
      One more time, Stan, singling out firearms with the false implication that they are solely reaponsible for the killing is a propaganda ploy.
      One more time, Joe, I don't know of anyone who has said that guns are solely responsible for the killing.

It is indisputable, however, that widespread availability of guns is what enables them to be used for the killing.

There is a reason why we don't have mass murders committed with hand grenades or Claymore mines. (Hint: They're not available to the public.)

One seriously unfortunate side effect is that we see very little effort devoted to addressing the human factors leading to the violence.
      I don't know what you mean by "addressing the human factors," so I can't comment.

In other words, we need to better protect the 2nd Amendment by pushing to understand the causes and indicators of murder by ANY INSTRUMENT
      The causes of murder (greed, jealousy, anger, etc.) have been known and understood for thousands of years, as have the indicators (i.e., dead bodies).

To protect your ability to legally own guns, you need a better counter to the anti-gun argument than the "We need them to fight a tyrannical government" silliness.

Again, the issue is not murder "by any instrument" -- it is murder by firearms. Now, you can certainly attempt to change the debate, but I doubt you'll have much success.

Comment

• JASmith
        Chieftain
        • Sep 2014

Anyone who professes to not know that human factors (beliefs, socioeconmoic status, mental stability,etc.) are important indicators of potential should refrain from lecturing others about the 2A.

Poorly thought out arguments lead folks to perceive a bias against firearms possession by ordinary citizens.
        shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
        -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• stanc
          Banned
          • Apr 2011

Anyone who professes to not know that human factors (beliefs, socioeconmoic status, mental stability,etc.) are important indicators of potential should refrain from lecturing others about the 2A.

Poorly thought out arguments lead folks to perceive a bias against firearms possession by ordinary citizens.
          LOL. Okay, Joe. Whatever you say.

Comment

Working...
          X