• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SharpD0g
    Unwashed
    • Feb 2018

I wonder if they are running NICS checks on ammo

I recently ordered (and received today) 4K rds of Wolf 100 gr 6.5G ammo (really great price and many props to Ammunition Depo .. they raised the price after my order)

However, The order was put in on Sunday and on Monday morning I got a message that my 'order had cleared' and the reason it needed to ne cleared was 'HighRoller'.

Now I usually order in 500-1000 rd quantities and had never had this happen on many, many orders. It all was fine but it got me wondering. Do they run NICS checks or some other DHS check on ammo sales?

PS. The reason I ordered 4K rds was the recent school shooting ... you never know what they will do or whether there will be another run on ammo
  • Double Naught Spy
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2013

Just call Ammo Depo and find out. We can speculate all sorts of nonsense here, but you made the order, so just call the nice folks there and have them explain things to you.

Last I checked, there were no NCIS checks on ammo.
    Kill a hog. Save the planet.
    My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• Tex Nomex
      Warrior
      • Dec 2017

Last I heard NY and CA were building their own NICS-equivalent systems on the state level that would include ammo.
      "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed."
      -- Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers at 184-188

Comment

• Popeye212
        Chieftain
        • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Tex Nomex View Post
        Last I heard NY and CA were building their own NICS-equivalent systems on the state level that would include ammo.
        How does that not surprise me

Comment

• Drift
          Warrior
          • Nov 2014

By now, I would think everyone on this forum would have at lest a case (5000) primers in the closet...even those of us who don't reload. It's only prudent..and they wont degrade or loose value in our lifetimes.

Comment

• Lastrites
            Warrior
            • Apr 2017

They likely were checking whether or not your purchase would go through on your credit card.

Comment

Working...
            X