• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • montana
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2011

Obama shuts down NICS Appeals process

DOJ reports 95% of all initial denials under the NICS are false yet there will be no further appeals process. This is getting critical and now after the Orlando Terrorist shooting it is going to go into light speed. This is unbelievable!

• VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

We're already fighting a battle in Illinois where people have been denied a Firearms Owners Identification Card (F.O.I.D.). The State is going back decades and sees an arrest for a disorderly conduct or simple battery. If either of these arrest involved a family member the State is revoking, cancelling or denying a person from having an F.O.I.D.. The Director of the State Police is supposed provide a hearing for an appeal. The Director is is appointed by the Govenor and the Director or designee has not heard an appeal in many years. The Attorney General Lisa Madigan is fighting every case in court where the citizen tries to obtain a court order requiring the return of the 2nd amendment rights ( F.O.I.D.).

Lisa Madigan is the Daughter of the Illinois Speaker of the House Michael Madigan. In essense a person has a life time ban of owning, using or being in possessions of firearms and ammunition. If a family shares a residence they could be placed in jepordy if the person without an F.O.I.D. has access to any firearm or ammunition.

A Friend of mine has a case pending and the State has already said that if the Court grants this person's appeal the State is going to appeal to the State Supreme Court and ultimately the US Supreme Court. The basis of the States action relates to the domestic violence clause stating if a person is arrest/conviction for a misdemeanor charge of domestic violence or any offense which is substantially similar and involves a domestic partner or relative. These revocations are for offenses which predate the domestic violence laws by decades.
    Last edited by VASCAR2; 06-12-2016, 05:32 PM.

Comment

• cory
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2012

This was done back in January? Can anyone confirm that they've appealed and denial to hear nothing back?
      "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
      X