• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dammitman
    Warrior
    • Dec 2012

i would say gun shows will be no fun

i would have to say that if these new "laws" go into effect that gun shows wont have near as many interesting items at them. i have been to many gun shows in my life and the best items were not at dealers tables, they were at tables of citizens who were just trading or selling items that were part of their collection or from estate sales and that type of thing. its a real shame that the current "president" of these United States has no real idea of whats goes on in our communities, ours. not those rat holes he comes from and does know about. restart the stop and frisk in NY and most parts of chicago, they would yield many felons and thugs with guns. and do the right thing and profile, there again would be alot of illegals with firearms they shouldnt have, that would stop alot of crime. dumbass.
  • Rainman
    Bloodstained
    • May 2015

You are correct. WA State voters passed a law mandating background check on private sales of firearms in 2014 thanks to bankrolling by Michael Blumberg. Except for licensed gun dealers still setting up at shows most of the private tables are accessories, beads and trinkets. Prior to that for about the last four years the State has required payment of sales tax on all internet sales which, by Federal law, have to go through a local FFL dealer. So if I buy a 1911 from an Ohio resident or dealer, my FFL has to collect sales tax (up to 9.5%) from me. The State audits each licensed firearms arms dealer annually and bills the dealer for any uncollected sales tax. No dealer is fudging the law. It's a changing America for sure.

Comment

• AZ. Old Guy
      Warrior
      • Jan 2015

Don't most gun show dealers do background checks anyway? Unless your selling in the parking lot I don't see the problem.
      NRA Lifer

Comment

• dammitman
        Warrior
        • Dec 2012

ALL FFL dealers at the show of course do and always did the backgrounnd checks as usual. its the guys who show up with their families gun collection they inherited or maybe just decieded to thin out the collection they have aquired over the years because maybe they just need the money and those cannot sell anymore at a show or anyplace legally for that matter. those were the interesting guns to look at and get a chance to buy. if all there are at shows are FFL holding dealers you dont need to go to a show anymore, just go to a showroom.

Comment

• Chopaka
          Unwashed
          • Jan 2016

I will speak up for Washington Arms Collectors. They provide a FFL at all of their shows for the membership to legally transfer firearms amongst one another. The fee is reported to be $10. Yes it stinks that private sales are gone.

What is more troubling with all of the "progressive gun laws" I'm hearing code words for a Washington States gun registry from the Shieriff of King County (Seattle). This is becoming very troubling. My bet is Washington Cease Fire will run another oppressive "gun safety law" this election cycle.

Keep heads low and your powder dry.
          Don

Comment

• 1075 tech
            Warrior
            • Apr 2015

Since the NY SAFE Act mandated all sales go through background checks, I have seen more guns bought, sold, traded, and given away privately WITHOUT a check. As long as the ORIGINAL purchase of the firearm was made from a dealer before the law went into effect, prove that I didn't sell/buy/trade before the new law.

What was that he said? "This is not some plan to take away your guns." Kind of reminds me of "You can keep your doctor." We all know how that worked out.

Comment

• LR1955
              Super Moderator
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Chopaka View Post
              I will speak up for Washington Arms Collectors. They provide a FFL at all of their shows for the membership to legally transfer firearms amongst one another. The fee is reported to be $10. Yes it stinks that private sales are gone.

What is more troubling with all of the "progressive gun laws" I'm hearing code words for a Washington States gun registry from the Shieriff of King County (Seattle). This is becoming very troubling. My bet is Washington Cease Fire will run another oppressive "gun safety law" this election cycle.

Keep heads low and your powder dry.
              Don
              I live in Thurston County and watch the local news a couple of times a day. I haven't heard about a push to register guns in Washington state as of yet.

How about a link to your info?

LR55

Comment

• Chopaka
                Unwashed
                • Jan 2016

It was the Sheriff of King Co on KING5 public press conference yesterday. Go to their website they might not have pulled it yet. The code speak was intra - agency info sharing. The state already keeps a registry of every handgun purchase, now he wants to see it expanded to include long arm's. Our governor was standing next to him agreeing with what was being said.

Comment

• Chopaka
                  Unwashed
                  • Jan 2016

Originally posted by 1075 tech View Post
                  Since the NY SAFE Act mandated all sales go through background checks, I have seen more guns bought, sold, traded, and given away privately WITHOUT a check. As long as the ORIGINAL purchase of the firearm was made from a dealer before the law went into effect, prove that I didn't sell/buy/trade before the new law.

What was that he said? "This is not some plan to take away your guns." Kind of reminds me of "You can keep your doctor." We all know how that worked out.
                  I wasn't going to mention that...

Comment

• cory
                    Chieftain
                    • Jun 2012

Originally posted by LR1955 View Post
                    I live in Thurston County and watch the local news a couple of times a day. I haven't heard about a push to register guns in Washington state as of yet.

How about a link to your info?

LR55
                    At some point you have to take all the data present and connect the dots for yourself. You can't expect the media to always hold your hands and do it for you. The next step in gun control (confiscation) is a registry. This has been the case for a long time. It's no secret that the libs have been trying to figure out how to get away with this for quite some time.
                    "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• cory
                      Chieftain
                      • Jun 2012

Okay so was this latest action by Obama an Executive Order or Action?

Comment

• 37L1
                        Warrior
                        • Jan 2015

It was an Executive Action.

Comment

• dammitman
                          Warrior
                          • Dec 2012

its no wonder there is a subtle run on lower recievers and ar parts again. this president will definetally go down as the best gun salesman in the history of the US

Comment

• cory
                            Chieftain
                            • Jun 2012

Originally posted by 37L1 View Post
                            It was an Executive Action.
                            That's what I thought. An executive action holds no weight of law, it's nothing more than a wish list. People should calm down.

Comment

• Chopaka
                              Unwashed
                              • Jan 2016

Between Obama my States ultra progressive libtard senators and a libtard governor who is hoping for an appointment back to WA DC should Hillary win - I'm very worried about WA trying to be on a misguided leading edge of anti gun legislation just so he can add a bullet point to his resume. Take a honest look at what is going on. What I saw the Sheriff of Washington's most populated county say was scary as hell.
                              Last edited by Chopaka; 01-08-2016, 05:48 AM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

Working...
                              X