• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NugginFutz
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2013

Stag Arms may be permanently shut down

All you lefties need to take notice. One of the few sources of Left Handed UR's just screwed the pooch in a major way!

The short:

Facing Federal Firearms charges, Mark Malkowski, founder and CEO agrees to pay $100K fine, leave company and surrender FFL. Stag Arms, LLC, is forced to pay $500K fine.

According to the news story, Stag will be closing up shop in Hartford, CT.

Stag released this statement, yesterday.

Dec 22, 2015 HARTFORD
    "Stag Arms, LLC today announced that the company and its founder, Mark Malkowski, have reached a resolution with government officials stemming from an investigation that began last year relating primarily to the timing of recordkeeping during the manufacturing process and compliance with federal firearms manufacturing and registration requirements. Both Stag Arms and Mr. Malkowski cooperated fully with the government throughout the investigation. While both Stag Arms and Mr. Malkowski believe that public safety was never compromised, they have agreed to enter guilty pleas and to pay significant fines, because doing so is in the best interests of the company and its employees. Mr. Malkowski has also agreed to transition the business to new ownership and is in advanced talks with a potential buyer. Mr. Malkowski will continue as a marketing consultant to the business and the industry for a period of time following the sale. Stag Arms takes its obligations to comply with all laws and regulations very seriously and has made comprehensive changes to ensure that similar problems cannot happen again and that best compliance practices are maintained in all of its operations."
    More can be read here:

HARTFORD — The owner of a  local gun manufacturer has pleaded guilty to violating federal firearms laws. The president of Stag Arms, LLC, Mark Malkowski, ...

If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?
  • montana
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2011

Wouldn't it be nice if people in government were held to the same standards and punishment?

Comment

• customcutter
      Warrior
      • Dec 2014

Originally posted by montana View Post
      Wouldn't it be nice if people in government were held to the same standards and punishment?
      Ah, c'mon now. Do you really think we can incarcerate, house and feed that many people? But, yes I wish we could!!!

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
        Administrator
        • Feb 2011

Connecticut? In 1775, as soon as they got news of the "shot heard 'round the world" and the uprising against the British had began at Lexington and Concord, several thousand militiamen left Connecticut for Massachusetts, under the command of Colonel Israel Putnam from Pomfret, CT. Soon promoted to General, Putnam said at the Battle of Bunker Hill, "Don't fire until you see the white of their eyes."

Connecticut is a shell of its former patriotic self and should be ashamed of these witch hunts. I suppose Mr. Malkowski is culpable in some way, just like most of us are "technically" culpable for driving 70 mph in a 65 mph zone, but this smacks of petty, bureaucratic agenda-driven meddling.

They are after evil ARs by any means possible. . . .
        :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• ah1whiskey
          Warrior
          • Sep 2015

i hate to see stag go--

Comment

• GM2
            Bloodstained
            • Nov 2015

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
            Connecticut is a shell of its former patriotic self and should be ashamed of these witch hunts. I suppose Mr. Malkowski is culpable in some way, just like most of us are "technically" culpable for driving 70 mph in a 65 mph zone, but this smacks of petty, bureaucratic agenda-driven meddling.
            It was federal not state law that was broken so I dont think CT had anything to do with the charges.

Comment

• cory
              Chieftain
              • Jun 2012

Originally posted by GM2 View Post
              It was federal not state law that was broken so I dont think CT had anything to do with the charges.
              The state has set a tone that no doubt has carried over to the FLEOs. You wouldn't see this witch hunt in the south or conservative areas of the west, they'd likely have a bundy ranch situation on their hands.

It's only when the government is fearful of the people that we can be free. This is the first intent of the 2nd Amendment.
              "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• GM2
                Bloodstained
                • Nov 2015

Federal law is federal and is enforced regardless of what state the violation occurs in. If a corporation violates the same law in the south they face the same fines. The only difference could be which district court it goes to but even then all federal judges are appointed by presidential nomination and will sometimes rule in favor of the political agenda of their respective party rather than what the law suggests.

Comment

• montana
                  Chieftain
                  • Jun 2011

Originally posted by GM2 View Post
                  Federal law is federal and is enforced regardless of what state the violation occurs in. If a corporation violates the same law in the south they face the same fines. The only difference could be which district court it goes to but even then all federal judges are appointed by presidential nomination and will sometimes rule in favor of the political agenda of their respective party rather than what the law suggests.
                  Sometimes the judges rule in favor of the political agenda????? Every gun law is political, The Right of the PEOPLE to OWN and BEAR ARMS Shall NOT Be INFRINGED is the law of the land. The government treats rights as privileges. Privileges can be taken away, Rights can not be taken away. Guess which way the judges and politicians interpret our rights?

Comment

• 37L1
                    Warrior
                    • Jan 2015

Sounds to me that they did some stupid stuff to get into this situation.

Comment

• NugginFutz
                      Chieftain
                      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by 37L1 View Post
                      Sounds to me that they did some stupid stuff to get into this situation.
                      Oh, quite so. Defaced serial #'s and unregistered fully auto firearms. Irrespective of your viewpoint on the 2A, I can't imagine anyone committing those two infractions who would think they would not land in hot water, if discovered.
                      If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

Working...
                      X