Clear All
  • GatewayShepherd
    Unwashed
    • Jul 2015

New Member from East Central Missoui

• LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

Welcome aboard. Do you have the reloading handbooks yet? I love how little powder this cartridge takes, yet is still supersonic to within about 100yds of the .260 Remington when comparing the same bullet.

My .260 Rem spends a lot of time not being shot as a result. The recoil differences are notable as well.

Did you bed the barrel?
    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum, 6.5 is addicting.

Comment

• GatewayShepherd
        Unwashed
        • Jul 2015

Comment

• LRRPF52
          Super Moderator
          • Sep 2014

After lapping the AR15 upper receiver face, I bed the barrels in the AR15 as well for accuracy.

The 6.5 Grendel also likes more torque on the barrel nut, at least 60ft-lbs, like the AR10.

We published 2 different reloading handbooks for the 6.5 Grendel, Volume I & II, based on demand from the forum, with a lot of support from forum members.

There are hundreds of loads contained within them, as well as guidelines for setting up the AR15, hand-loading for it, and some of the nuances peculiar to gas guns. They also cover component selection guidelines for both cartridge and reloading tools (what primers to use vs. not in the AR15, shell holders and die considerations, etc.).

Volume II is dedicated to hunting, and includes terminal ballistic testing with several prominent hunting projectiles shot across a wide range of impact velocities showing retained weight, penetration, and expansion at those different velocities.

I use both Handbooks regularly on my desk and reloading bench, or especially when forum members have questions about particular loads.
          NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Variable
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Welcome aboard!
            Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
            We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

Working...
            X