• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jmcpup
    Unwashed
    • Jan 2015

Hello from Central North Carolina!

I would like to say Hello to the community. I have been reading the posts for some time now and decided to come aboard. I have built several ar's but I decided to build my first Grendel a little while back after finding a Satern barrel by luck and have never looked back! A HUGE THANKS to everyone here! Whenever I had a question I didn't google it I 6.5 Grendel Forumed it!!
  • tackdriver
    Warrior
    • Feb 2013

Welcome! What kind on specs on your grendel?

Comment

• Errorhead
      Bloodstained
      • Dec 2012

Great to see another NC boy here! Chatham Co. here, maybe we can get together one day and Grendelize something.

Comment

• Savage Shooter
        Warrior
        • Dec 2014

Hi JMCPUP and Errorhead I am another NC Grendel-newbie, from south Charlotte. Where do you guys do your long range shooting?
        My "6.5" = 24" AA Overwatch upper 1/9 twist, NC based US Tactical lower, standard A4 6 position stock, AR Gold Trigger, JPS SCS buffer, Vortex 6-24 x 50 FFP PST with EBR-2C MOA reticle

Comment

• olde sarge
          Warrior
          • May 2014

welcome jmcpup. Many years ago I spent a lot of time in Elk Park up by Beech Mountain. As beautiful country as anyone could ask for.

Comment

• am4966
            Chieftain
            • Jul 2014

Welcome! Per forum etiquette, pics or it didn't happen you'll love this place the guys are great and knowledge is worth admission!
            12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
            Surge - Rugged Suppressor
            Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• LRRPF52
              Super Moderator
              • Sep 2014

Welcome aboard.
              NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Wheelhorse
                Warrior
                • May 2014

Welcome, also from NC!

Comment

• 65Whelen
                  Warrior
                  • Sep 2014

Welcome to the Horde. As you found out great bunch here, always willing to help and share their experiences and knowledge.

Comment

• jmcpup
                    Unwashed
                    • Jan 2015

Errorhead and savageshooter: Im in Harnett County and do most of shooting here around home.

Comment

• jmcpup
                      Unwashed
                      • Jan 2015

Tackdriver my build has a dpms upper with 18" Satern Custom fluted barrel, NC based Surf City Arms lower with a timney trigger H2 buffer and wolfe spring, Magpul CTR stock, with a 6.5-20x50 vortex glass and mounts.

Comment

• Savage Shooter
                        Warrior
                        • Dec 2014

Originally posted by jmcpup View Post
                        Errorhead and savageshooter: Im in Harnett County and do most of shooting here around home.
                        What range(s) do you shoot at? Or are you lucky enough to have access to private land with long distance shooting lanes?
                        My "6.5" = 24" AA Overwatch upper 1/9 twist, NC based US Tactical lower, standard A4 6 position stock, AR Gold Trigger, JPS SCS buffer, Vortex 6-24 x 50 FFP PST with EBR-2C MOA reticle

Comment

• jmcpup
                          Unwashed
                          • Jan 2015

I shoot on the farm I hunt around home. When the crops are out of the fields or depending how tall they are I can shoot out to around 500. Wish I had somewhere longer and not seasonal lol. Most all the ranges around here are pistol or short rifle...

Comment

• Savage Shooter
                            Warrior
                            • Dec 2014

I am supremely jealous - living in a big city, I could only dream of the opportunity to "shoot from my front porch". Although my local 300 yard range is only 13 minutes drive away, being able to load, test shoot, load, and repeat in my backyard would be a dream.

Comment

• Drillboss
                              Warrior
                              • Jan 2015

Is Surf City Arms that place on Topsail before you get to the bridge? I was in there about 5 years ago and I guess I need to stop by again!

Comment

Working...
                              X