• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spectra
    Bloodstained
    • Dec 2014

Newbie from the NW

Thinking of getting into a 6.5 and found this board. Had to join so I could read a few more things and see all the great pics.....

Hell it is just another AR they are kind of like potato chips......
  • NugginFutz
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2013

Welcome, spectra. You're right. "Bet ya can't build just one."
    If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• rabiddawg
      Chieftain
      • Feb 2013

Originally posted by spectra View Post
      Thinking of getting into a 6.5 and found this board. Had to join so I could read a few more things and see all the great pics.....

Welcome to the board!

Warning, getting a grendel will result in you parking your other guns. I havent taken a bolt gun on a hunting trip in 3 years.
      Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• achristian8
        Warrior
        • Jun 2014

Warning, getting in the Grendel game will decrease your bank account while making you lose interest in most of your other guns. Welcome Aboard
        Adam

Comment

• olde sarge
          Warrior
          • May 2014

Welcome spectra, this sure is the place to gather info on the AR-15 and the Grendel in particular.

Comment

• danm
            Warrior
            • Aug 2014

Greetings! What kind of build are you thinking and where in the NW are you?

Comment

• spectra
              Bloodstained
              • Dec 2014

Thanks guys! And as for what type of build not 100% sure yet. Am looking at either a 18 or 20 inch barrel as I am just looking at about a 600 to 800 range maybe a little farther but around my area they are hard to find. I do hae a 1K range but only open on a certain day and it is during the week....

Have plenty of ARs already in 5.56 .300blk and even had a .308. so this will not be my first build.

Located in Vancouver, WA

Comment

• LRRPF52
                Super Moderator
                • Sep 2014

Welcome aboard.
                NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Heywood
                  Warrior
                  • Aug 2013

Welcome.
                  I used to live in the Portland metro, then moved to the Couve for a little sanity. Now I live back in central Oregon. Life keeps getting better. Anyway, good luck with your grendel, it is fun to shoot. My ar10 and 5.56 don't get much use anymore. I can fill both rifles roles with it and in many cases much better too.
                  quis posuit in mea ocreis bologna!

Comment

• spectra
                    Bloodstained
                    • Dec 2014

Central Oregon would be great as there are a few places to shoot. Also would love to be able to shoot at COSSA.

Comment

• customcutter
                      Warrior
                      • Dec 2014

Welcome, the Grendel will do probably do everything you need.

Comment

• Heywood
                        Warrior
                        • Aug 2013

Central Oregon would be great as there are a few places to shoot. Also would love to be able to shoot at COSSA.
                        I can ride to the cossa range on my quad or side by side from my house. I've tried a few times but I always end up having more fun on the way there. So I just have to settle for shooting in my back yard.
                        Is the Clark rifle range still open up there in camas? That was a nice range, although only about 300 yards. I used to have to find power line roads for long range shooting up there. Occasionally out towards larch mountain I could find a nice ridge to shoot across.
                        Any way. Good luck with your grendel, and good luck looking for a place to streatch it out.
                        quis posuit in mea ocreis bologna!

Comment

• spectra
                          Bloodstained
                          • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Heywood View Post
                          I can ride to the cossa range on my quad or side by side from my house. I've tried a few times but I always end up having more fun on the way there. So I just have to settle for shooting in my back yard.
                          Is the Clark rifle range still open up there in camas? That was a nice range, although only about 300 yards. I used to have to find power line roads for long range shooting up there. Occasionally out towards larch mountain I could find a nice ridge to shoot across.
                          Any way. Good luck with your grendel, and good luck looking for a place to streatch it out.

Yes on Clarks it is still there and doing well. Only 300 yds though and I let me membership lapse years ago when I took a break.... STUPID ME!! Now they are not even taking members on a waiting list as it is at least a 5 year wait. I remember the range 30 years ago and boy has it changed over time.

Comment

Working...
                          X