• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tplace
    Bloodstained
    • Aug 2014

South Central PA

Hello everyone,
    I've been lurking for about a month now and though I should introduce myself. I live in southern PA, actually pretty close to Hagerstown, MD and work in DC (ugh) as a public servant (Federal employee).

I've always thought the Grendel was a pretty neat round but I really wasn't much into AR's, then I discovered 3Gun. So, in my quest for AR Nirvana, I recently acquired a new upper and lower from Aero Precision and, as I was thinking about a new build, the Grendel bug bit me. It didn't just bite, it swallowed and came back for more.

The only thing I am waiting on now is an adjustable gas block and some mags (can any one recommend some mags and a good source?).

I'm looking forward to getting this rig put together and pulling the trigger; since I've been going down this road, I think I have opened some eyes at work. While most of them have heard of the Grendel, they really didn't know what it was capable of until I showed them the side-by-side numbers for those 'other' AR rounds.

Cheers!
  • Dave Bob
    Bloodstained
    • Dec 2013

Welcome, AA has Elander mags don't know if their still in stock. http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...zines-Now-Here

Dave

Comment

• tplace
      Bloodstained
      • Aug 2014

Thanks Dave, I did place an order for a couple.

Comment

• Variable
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Welcome aboard!
        Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
        We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• Slappy
          Warrior
          • Feb 2014

Welcome aboard. ASC mags from Precision Firearms and Elander mags from AA, have not used the Elander but a few on here have and so far I have not heard any bad reports. ASC mags have worked flawlessly for me and many others. Go Grendel!!! BANG BANG!!

Comment

• tplace
            Bloodstained
            • Aug 2014

Thanks for the welcome everyone and the advice on mags.

When I first became aware of this cartridge I was reminded of the VHS vs. Beta war, Beta was much, much, better (like the Grendel) but, as a format, it didn't survive; I really would like to see the Grendel get the press it deserves. Like I said earlier, I shared some of the ballistics tables with some officers at work and they were blown away.

Everything comes down to marketing. Anyone want some Beta tapes?
            Terry

Comment

• LRRPF52
              Super Moderator
              • Sep 2014

Welcome aboard. Affordable mags can be had all over the place, from $12 to $20 per.
              NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
              X