• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sfed
    Unwashed
    • Jul 2014

New Member from Florida

Greetings Grendel fans, I recently finished building my Grendel upper and have it mounted to an A2 Colt lower with a Timney trigger with an excellent 3lb pull. I have a 24 inch stainless barrel with 5R rifling and a pepper pot flash suppressor. Still in load development but am getting close to what I would call an acceptable load with velocities just over 2500fps with 123 grain A Max bullets. Groups right now are in the .75 an inch with 3 and 4 shots touching in most every 5 shot group. I will post pictures when I get some taken. I am very impressed with the Grendel round and look forward to eventually being able to take deer with this rifle. I still have to develop loads with Nosler Ballistic tips for the use on medium game. I reload for 8 calibers now and reloading is addictive, I enjoy making my own ammo and seeing better results from it in comparison to store bought ammo at twice to three times the price.
    NRA Life Member, CWP holder and carrier, avid reloader.

When seconds count the police are only minutes away.
  • Slappy
    Warrior
    • Feb 2014

Howdy from Texas. Hope to see pictures of some pigs from Florida!! Go Rotts. BANG BANG!!

Comment

• Variable
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Great looking Rotty! Welcome aboard!
      Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
      We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• IceAxe
        Warrior
        • Jan 2014

Welcome! And say hello to your new favorite rifle.

Comment

• txgunner00
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Howdy!
          NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• PrecisionFirearms
            Warrior
            • Apr 2011

Welcome to the horde! Let us know if we can help you in any way!

Mark Hostetter
            Precision Firearms
            "Precision - The Pinnacle of Perfection."

Comment

• sfed
              Unwashed
              • Jul 2014

Thanks to all for the welcome, I had been considering the 6.5 Grendel build for a couple of years, now I wish I had built my rifle a couple of years ago!! The 6.5 Grendel cartridge adds some very needed horsepower to the AR platform, I had debated building an AR10 but now with the Grendel upper I don't see the need, although I still have the want!! May be my next project building an AR 10 will see how it works out in the future.
              NRA Life Member, CWP holder and carrier, avid reloader.

When seconds count the police are only minutes away.

Comment

• Wheelhorse
                Warrior
                • May 2014

Welcome from NC!

Comment

Welcome. I've owned 5 different AR10's, the last 2 being custom builds with GA Precision. I kept my 22" .260 Rem GAP AR10 for really long range work, but it's pretty heavy and gives me 200yds more supersonic range than my 16" Grendel, which is still supersonic out to 1318yds in 80 F at 4400ft ASL.

My only interest in another AR10-type rifle is the Freedom Group GII, but with a custom barrel, and there isn't a lot of motive to do it when I have so many Grendel projects going on right now.

Comment

Working...
                  X