• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrBogey
    Unwashed
    • May 2014

Hello from the slowest guy ever

Hello, I've lurked for a bit but decided to join recently.

I've been building my Grendel rifle and supplies for about 10 years now and decided to finalize the whole dang thing. I first got involved back in 2004 when I bought a Beowulf and liked it well enough that I figured the 6.5 Grendel seemed like an ideal intermediate cartridge. I bought a couple hundred casings, bullets, and a set of dies. But I got sidelined for a while and never got around to assembling a rifle. Just ended up with an incomplete lower that sat around till it was repurposed.

Well last year I started getting involved earnestly again and buying it piece by piece. Right now all I need is my 20" Satern barrel and a bolt carrier and it'll be done*.

I took my time buying most of the components on my rifle when they were on sale and it took me a decade from when I bought the reloading supplies till when it all paid off but I'm optimistic.

Just an idea of how long ago it was, I have 200 casings from Lapua sitting in my safe with a price tag of $80. And I have some 139gr scenars for $20 for a 100. I know, the bullet's heavy, but I was optimistic and wanted to try and build a load at the time.

*=Done in as far as my optics package will be decided upon at a later date and will be shooting iron sights till then.
  • Rugerfan.64
    Warrior
    • May 2014

Not the slowest guy , I am in the planning stages. Have been for a while.

Comment

• tackdriver
      Warrior
      • Feb 2013

Thanks to your post my wife can no longer use that phrase. Lol

Comment

Working...
      X