• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IceAxe
    Warrior
    • Jan 2014

Colorado Newbie

Well I thought I would give this cartridge try. I ended up ordering a BHW 24 inch (6.5LBC) in early January as I thought it would be the best turnaround on a barrel. I have had great luck with their barrels in the past, at least in the 6mm x 45 chambering. Can't wait to get to this one put together.

Also appreciate all the sage info on this forum with regards to reloading this cartridge!
  • tackdriver
    Warrior
    • Feb 2013

I have a .264 LBC BHW barrel, its a 20" 1:9" twist and it is a shooter but it definitely prefers the lighter bullets. It is the easiest barrel I have ever tried to clean.

Comment

• IceAxe
      Warrior
      • Jan 2014

If you don't mind me asking....what is your preferred load? Have you had any issues regarding COL in this chambering?

Comment

Welcome. Colorado is a great place for long range shooting, as well as hunting.

Comment

• bluebird
          Bloodstained
          • Oct 2013

Welcome!

Comment

• tackdriver
            Warrior
            • Feb 2013

I shoot the 100grn Nosler b tips over 29.0grns of xbr. Shoots one raged hole if I do my part

Comment

• haustinv
              Bloodstained
              • Aug 2013

Welcome!

Comment

• NugginFutz
                Chieftain
                • Aug 2013

Welcome to the Horde!

My BHW .264 LBC 1:9 will shoot the 123 A-Max into 3/8 MOA when pushing 28.0gr of 8028 XBR. It's a 22" BBL with a Miculek brake. It prefers the bullets seated at 2.260". As tackdriver says, there is no barrel I've ever shot that cleans up like these do. 3 patches and done.
                If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• Dave Bob
                  Bloodstained
                  • Dec 2013

Welcome, to the Horde. I have a BHW .264 barrel on order also. Everything in place waiting on the barrel. This really is a sickness.... I'm already planning a 2nd build.

Dave

Comment

• IceAxe
                    Warrior
                    • Jan 2014

I know what you mean. I am really a bolt guy but built my first AR in 6x45 and somehow ended up with 4 of them. This time I am committed to the 6.5.

Comment

Welcome to the group. Lots of good info here.

Comment

Working...
                      X