• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Flagman
    Unwashed
    • Mar 2014

Great site!

Iam in Flagstaff, Arizona and have my first AR, and its a Grendel, coming this week from Alexander Arms. I've been reading all the threads and really appreciate the info here. 'Iam a hunter first, but I appreciate accurate rifles. I do some predator calling as well as tracking of lions on snow. I've killed four and would have had number five if I'd had a semi-auto rifle, I jumped him at 5' from behind a tree and the first shot was off and I couldn't get a quick second shot with a bolt gun(260 Remington). I was able to get some IMR 8208XBR powder and Lapua brass from Brunos Shooters in Phoenix, so I'll be doing some work with the Barnes 100 gr TTSX, my favorite hunting bullet. flagman
  • lilharcher
    Warrior
    • Feb 2013

Welcome......my favorite hunting experiences have been in AZ......monster Muley's on the Kaibab (killed a 6x7) and bull elk in White Mountains near my uncle's cabin.......still waiting for a bull elk tag in 4A near you.

Comment

Welcome to the group.

Comment

• Flagman
        Unwashed
        • Mar 2014

Lilharcher, Arizona is making a major change for nonresidents in 2016, only 5% of the aloted 10% total non residents with max points will be drawn in the 20% bonus pass draw. Right now as it stands only nonresidents with the max points will draw the highest demand hunts, ie Arizona strip rifle deer or unit 9 early rifle/muzzleloader elk. You can read about this on the monstermuleys site, Arizona forum, "draw changes". Good luck in the draw, we should know next week on elk and antelope, flagman

Comment

Welcome. I think that is a great combo you have there with 8208XBR and the 100gr TTSX.

What are you thinking for approaching the load, and how do you normally do load development?

Comment

• bluebird
            Bloodstained
            • Oct 2013

Your right, this is a great site. I have a Alexander Arms Overwatch and I love the way it shoots!

Comment

• Dave Bob
              Bloodstained
              • Dec 2013

Welcome to the madness.

Dave

Comment

• Flagman
                Unwashed
                • Mar 2014

Thanks guys, LRRPF52, Ive read most the threads here on the forums on reloading, specifically those that used the Barnes 100 and 120 gr TTSX bullets, especially those from the member in PA that hunts with the 100 gr. Iam going to do my break in regimin so I'll start at 27-28 grains and go up from there in 3 grain increments. I picked up a few boxes of ammo from Worldwide Weapons, who i bought the rifle from, they had it on GunBroker. Unlike many of you I've never fired an AR, so I have to do a lot of reading and asking questions from friends, including my son who is in law enforcement, and carries one in his patrol car. I ordered the Timney 3lb trigger to hopefully help me feel a little more comfortable for accuracy testing, I am however going to do the break-in with the spec trigger. Iam 62 and it amazes me how much information is available on the web, thanks so much for the welcome, flagman

Comment

Working...
                X