• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hattrick
    Bloodstained
    • Jan 2014

Hello from Md

I've been stalking this awesome forum for sometime now. The grindel is a vary interesting caliber I will be spending sum time in the varmit and hunting section trying to justify the 6.5 G for a AR deer rifle. Glad to be on board.

welcome Hattrick! I built my Grendel specifically for hunting feral hogs in TX. I now use it as my only hunting rifle. With the exception of a misplaced shot or three I have not had anything run over 30 yds.

Comment

• Tedward
      Banned
      • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Hattrick View Post
      I've been stalking this awesome forum for sometime now. The grindel is a vary interesting caliber I will be spending sum time in the varmit and hunting section trying to justify the 6.5 G for a AR deer rifle. Glad to be on board.
      What part of MD are you from?? Western, Southern or Northern VA DC area? Western in the mountains the Grendel will be ideal. Not sure if you can hunt with rifles down in Southern MD.

Comment

• Hattrick
        Bloodstained
        • Jan 2014

Thanks guys
        I'm in the Northern part just below Gettysburg pa right inside md on the mason-dixon line. I'll be deer hunting mostly with it, I would think a hog is a lot tuffer than a deer. I've used 270, 7-08, 243s in the past and even taken a few with 22-250.not that it is a good caliber for deer but it worked.

Comment

Welcome aboard. A lot of people are realizing that there isn't much place for their legacy Mauser-action bolt guns with high performance cartridges available to them in the AR15, especially when they can DRT them just the same, with way less recoil, and a lot of inherent accuracy built into the design.

No more custom fitting of stocks, scope clearance issues with the bolt, abusive recoil to women and children, as well as those with injuries.

Comment

• Slappy
            Warrior
            • Feb 2014

Howdy howdy from Texas. Close the barn doors up North to much cold air is reaching down here this year. BANG BANG!!

Comment

• Hattrick
              Bloodstained
              • Jan 2014

Coldest year in my life time. I would luv a little warm Texas air if you any to spare.

LRRPF55
              thanks for help so far and I have a funny feeling it won't be the last lol

Comment

• customcutter

Welcome Hattrick, I'm new to the Grendel also, but built it to be my main hunting rifle. I might go back to the 7mag if I get a chance to elk hunt, but we will see.

Comment

• bluebird
                  Bloodstained
                  • Oct 2013

Welcome!

Comment

Working...
                  X